Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Oh yeah. Nothing like 800 in repairs right when you buy it because he disguises it well.

Also, I hate bondo.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It's just one of those things where to make a truck the way you want it, sometimes stuff gets mixed up.

My truck is an 86, motor is a 72, trans is an 87, t-case is a 79, front axle is an 85, rear is 86, ignition/carburetion is for an 80, AC setup is custom; stuff like that.

I have no intentions of ever selling my truck, but if I ever did I'd have a whole sheet of paper explaining what came from what and various part numbers needed to make everything work together. :D

Justin

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
It's just one of those things where to make a truck the way you want it, sometimes stuff gets mixed up.

My truck is an 86, motor is a 72, trans is an 87, t-case is a 79, front axle is an 85, rear is 86, ignition/carburetion is for an 80, AC setup is custom; stuff like that.

I have no intentions of ever selling my truck, but if I ever did I'd have a whole sheet of paper explaining what came from what and various part numbers needed to make everything work together. :D

Justin
:histerica :histerica I joke about the same thing with my truck

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts

Justin
All my cars are like that Hoxviii

I've had countermen looking out the window and questioning my choice of year on a part. I just look at them and tell em' "nope, the axle's out of this, not that year at all".

Build the best any way you can:thumbup

I listen to what P.O's tell me, and then change every drop of every fluid anyway, as well as all filters and grease everything, especially wheel bearings.

Then I add a remote trans filter and usually live happily ever after:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
All my cars are like that Hoxviii
It's funny at Autozone, i have one of almost every truck from 1967 to 1987 listed on there for warranty parts. I walk in with one and say, "I think it's for the '80 4x4, but it might be for the '67 4x2- might as well just look up the part number rather than searching." :toothless

Whenever there's a new counter guy I get funny looks and the manager called over to make sure I'm not cheating the warranty, but as soon as the manager comes over and sees me he just laughs and tells the guy to run the warranty part :histerica

Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts