Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out. How the hell are mice getting into the cab of my Bronco and my 84 F250. They get into the ventilation and before you know it, there's a nest in the blower.:banghead

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
they damn critters only need like a 1'' hole or something

is there food or anything in your trucks

dryer fabric softener sheets keep them away

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,694 Posts
:stupid prevention is key

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,091 Posts
also agree on the dryer sheets, plus it smells a lot better then moth balls or the like. I have been doing this on all the vehicles that do not get drove all the time. Also I think they can get in anywhere that that head will fit, they can compress their rib cage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They sell stuff at tractor supply called fresh cab. It smells like herbs & flowers, its for tractor cabs. We used it to winterize some cars it seems to keep them out.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,275 Posts
Ok, explain the dryer sheet thing to me... I have had mice in my truck, not sure how they got up the 38's but I've killed one off, just want to make sure there aren't more (which inevitably there are)
Thought it kinda smelled like piss the other day when I turned the heater one... Dammit!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
the mice don't like the scent of the dryer sheets

better get the mice under control, remember what happened to Crazed's ford fairlane because of mice stain on the headliner If I remember correctly!

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,585 Posts
use Cab Fresh at the farm in tractors and now in the bronco Cab. Smell isn't bad and so far so good for mice free vehicles.

Contained Kitty in vehicle will be worse than mice....ask my former boss. Crapped all over a customer car when it accidentally got trapped inside overnight. Don't fret...it was a Chevy.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,275 Posts
Any brand of dryer sheet better than another? Just original or fresh scent? Does it matter?
And do I just put an open box in there, or strategically place individual sheets?

·
36,694 Posts
Individual sheets should work just fine. The smellier the better. Bounce has worked well around here. Stick 'em in wherever you can find an opening big enough to let the citters in.

My ol' lady puts em in the mailbox. She worked delivery for years and apparently it keeps the bugs (bees, hornets, etc.) from making nests in the mailbox too. :thumbup

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dudes on the local radio car show had a dude call in and recommend this:

http://rid-a-rat.com

Afterwards, several other people called in to swear that is the greatest anti-packrat invention ever.

Don't know if it works for mice but I would guess so.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,275 Posts
I remember that mess Crazed... Maybe it's an Oregon mouse thing?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I put traps in my Bronco and caught 4 in the first week! Haven't caught many since.I'll try the dryer sheets.

·
36,694 Posts
I read it... but if you do get one, report back on how it actually does with your battery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts