Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliffnotes at bottom...

I got to thinking today right before I went to tutor. I don't know how I got onto this, I think I was thinking of service hours I had to do in high school. But anyway. I want to start a charity organization where off-roaders go on 4x4 trips for charity basically. I was thinking of calling it Wheeling for Wee-Ones. The premise would be to donate money to ride the trail, any amount you wanted, at least a buck, and wheel all day for a good cause. The money would go to a group that is for small kids, maybe donate to Toys-For-Tots, Boys and Girls Clubs, homes for battered children, shelters for single mothers, you know, stuff that specializes in making kids lives better. So my plan was to start it up in Colorado, since that is where I'm at. I would go around to places like Subway or whatever and ask for them to donate subs and have a lunch during the wheeling, plenty of places around Fort Collins donate. And then ask 4wheelparts.com, JBG, Autozone, Advanced Auto etc... for shirts, hats, stickers, gift certificates, valuable coupons, parts etc and sell raffle tickets during the event. Maybe if this takes off FSB could donate some stickers and stuff as well. I figured that hell, we would go wheeling just for fun, why not have fun and make a kids life that much better. Let me know what you guys think, and if this would be of interest to any of you. If not, then forget I said anything.

CLIFFNOTES-
Wheeling for Wee-ones. A 4 wheelers charity that raises money for little kids. Donate to ride a trail, have a raffle, free lunch, have fun, change a kids life. If you are interested, say so, offer ideas etc...

I really wanna get this going!!!

Kyle

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's an admirable idea, but be prepared for MANY hard hours, to organize, set scheduling, planning for the day/weekend, rounding up any sponsorship you can get, getting the permit for the raffle (something like that. It's been along time, but I know there's paperwork involved), advertising, securing an area for this to take place, and your event might have to have insurance also. All this, in addition to deciding which charity to make the donations too. That charity should also be able to help with the advertising, too

There's alot of legwork involved, but it's certainly worth looking in too

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it will be a lot of work...but I figure if enough people are interested/willing to help, it could happen.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Gunner, cant help you in Colorado, but MISSISSIGDSIPPI GUYS.....I kind of like this idea.....you know we got Jdocs in Raymond (aint been there yet but its close) What about we do this thing as well? I am game if you are....one of us cant do it by ourselves, but as a group? Lets face it guys, its for kids! Post up if any of you are interested.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work......lets just stick with wheeling and drinking beer.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Adam, I do like a cold beer now and then, but I am an old fart, and kids now a days have no idea the fun and enjoyment we can have with a bronco (oir any 4WD)...its upt to us to teach them, or the lessons will be lost....

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
whoa...its Adam...where the hell ya been lately? been a long time

by the way, we should do something like this at WITC or Greyrock...maybe being Charity, we can get Greyrock to drop their price, or get enough people to sponser us that it wont be out the ass in price

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Daniel, do we dare hope that the ALA/ GA boys, could come to MississiGDsippi for such an event?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts