Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna start on a minimalist winch bumper, so tonight I ripped off the sheetmetal below the grille and the grille itself. Then I was psyched to find there was sheetmetal under there that I could cut with my sawzall. Seriously, this was the most fun I've had working on the truck in months.................there's something satisfying about cutting sheetmetal LOL.

You can't really see what I cut but check it out, HOA's are writing new covenants everyday trying to figure out how to keep trucks like mine far away

·
Registered
918 Posts
:beer :beer .Dont take off too much sheet metal.Dont want to have you ending up like Nameless :goodfinge :beer

·
huh
7,195 Posts
RaisedIIPerfection said:
:beer :beer .Dont take off too much sheet metal.Dont want to have you ending up like Nameless :goodfinge :beer
nah.. just dont do donuts at night in 4wd.. you will be ok..

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i know most of you are goin to think this is dumb, but i say run some sort of tube flatfender look and run it around the front as a main bumper tube. eventually you could finish it off raf style by tying it into sliders and a rear bumper

ill do a paint picture of it later

wes

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts

that is what i was talkin about, i know its not typical keith style, but it was just a thought

wes

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Nah, you do need to go get a bender (eh, Mitch??) and go to work, tho. First task is to get rid of what's left of the fenders. They're sure as shit not holding the hood on, so what good are they? Stock headlamps are expensive to replace, H4 housings are cheap. Sounds like another easy choice there.

Only detail to sort out is the fender liners... and I think that's a good excuse to get serious about the new motor. Once that's in, you can get rid of most of that other wiring crap.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
WES said:

that is what i was talkin about, i know its not typical keith style, but it was just a thought

wes
It may not be Keith style but he sure would get to play with power tools for a couple of days!:toothless I'd make that top bar come on up to protect the rad. more...:shrug

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The hood hinges are bolted to the cowl. The lift springs are attached to the quarters, yes... but you need to see Keith's truck in action. It starts to flex the frame, and the radiator support goes one way, each quarter panel goes another, the hood jacks up and kicks sideways...

It's not unusual for there to be a 2" gap all the way around the hood.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
seboh said:
I think that's a good excuse to get serious about the new motor. Once that's in, you can get rid of most of that other wiring crap.
Wiring crap??? Not Keith :brownbag
I might no somebody that can build a stream lined trouble free harness engine harness. :toothless

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Fireguy50 said:
Wiring crap??? Not Keith :brownbag
I might no somebody that can build a stream lined trouble free harness engine harness. :toothless
Trouble harness trouble?

There's no 'trouble'... it's all going in the trash sooner or later. ;)

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Progress is slow but sure. Actually, it's just slow

The cool thing is that the winch is probably somewhere between 1-2" from the condenser, can't get any further back.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
lookin good, i still like the idea i posted above, that way all the ladies flock to your kool ride, cause i know they dont know, its just an ugly piece of trash!! ! j/k, i just like it to have good looks along with function, just the way i am

wes

1 - 20 of 41 Posts