Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i'm a long time viewer but first time poster. I have a 93 bronco in good condition i am thinking about modifying. it is basically stock but i have an idea about cutting the roof off over the drivers area then building a roll cage that would also double as a frame for a custom soft top i would make. i know it would be a good bit of work but i am pretty good with a welder and have knowledge of working with fabric. the best part would be is that it would be a full convertible top. have any of you seen or tried this? any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks, josh

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Somebody did that... Can't remember their name though... I'll see if it is in my bookmarks...

Edit: Bah, can't find it. There's lot's of people that have made bikini tops using their roll cages or similar though. One thing to remember is to support the windshield frame with the cage. Actually attach them together. If you don't and you start bouncing around/jumping it might crack/break/flop forward.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was planning on doing just that when i had my Bronco. I wanted to connect the cap permanetly to the top of the truck, and cut the sides equal to the cap..... if you get it going be sure to do a Tech write up on it, as this idea has been thrown around here a couple of times......

·
Registered
7 Posts
this pic isnt even my bronco, but im thinking of doing this with some 1" tube steel and maybe cut the canvas myself:

it would be convertable, but i havnt quite thought of everything yet, but ill get my top off and start doing measurements some day

and yes, that is microsoft paint... i have no photoshop skills

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ive seen that done.... Search through the tech install forums...... he used an exsisting hardtop he chopped up.... why not just make the thing full convertable soft top?

·
Registered
9 Posts
closing in the cab

Qestion for someone... i have a 90 xlt with a bad tailgate. its just my beater hunting truck - and am thinking about keeping the top off and putting a box in the back for my dogs. but being wisconsin, the weather is pretty rough and need to have something to keep the elements out of the cab. what would that be called? and do the make something lik htat u can buy? or do people just make them themselves? i think i could make something but not sure how good i could get it to seal, and coonhunting in winter would suck with a pile of snow at my feet. has anyone done this or any suggestions would be huge! thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Didn't Davids78Bronco chop his top off last year? I would like to see one made full convertible like the old blazers were.

BFW

·
Registered
9 Posts
not wanting full converible, what im wondering is if i can keep top off and seal cab on rainy days or in winter with maybe plexiglass or anything else? or are there things already made i can buy that would do the same thing. a guy at work says they made them for blazers but doesnt know what they would be called so hard to look on the internet to try and find one for my bronco.

·
Registered
9 Posts
has anyone here made a cab enclosure? and if so have any pics to help me along? or know of any pics on here with cab enclosures?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts