Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I have searched maybe not enough or with the right key words but...:banghead I am considering an sas and I am looking at the fabritech Kit but dont like the price or the drop brackets for the radius arms So I am trying to figure out besides the trac bar what else needs to be fabbed... I just dont have the knowledge or resources to do a ton of fabbing so the fabritech is looking attractive. I am looking at a d44 conversion probably 8 lug swap and run 36 or 37" tires. I dont think I will go larger than 38" tires so I dont think I need to go to a 60 even though that would be nice. So please those that can add value please let me know thanks in advance:beer

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
honestly, unless you wanna use chevy 1 ton TRE's, the only thing in an SAS that really needs to be fabbed is the track bar bracket. and that can be fabbed out-of-house and bolted on if need be. avoid the fabritech kit, for the money you can build an awesome SAS, you can still do a good one for way less. good luck!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info that is what I have gathered, I am debating wether to lift the TTB or just go straight sas so its a bit of argument currently I dont need sas and I am not sure I ever will but I like the fact more is available for the solid 44 for upgrades so I think I want to go sas now and spend a bit less.... decisions decisions...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
What is more upgradeable about the Solid 44 vrs the TTB 44? I personally wouldnt do an SAS unless its a wheeler. I drive mine alot on the road, but it rides rough and is not as forgiving in bumpy situations as the TTB is obviously.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off I do wheel, the reason I want to go the SAS route I think, is for strength, availability of stronger axles (so far for TTB I have only found custom), I know I will lose the ride factor I am not completely decided yet I am trying to weigh my options. I plan on lifting it in the next month or so but I dont want to shell out the money then turn around and do the sas in 6 months. So basically I am trying to figure out if this is a doable project or if I should wait. I am not a master fabricator nor do I have access to a shop so everything fab wise I will need to do out of house. If the trac bar is all that needs to be fabbed I can manage that, but if I need to fab lift brackets etc... then I need to rethink this. Again I am just weighing my options. Thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts