Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Broncos.. I am a Jeep guy but am looking into a BRONCO so my questions are

1. Did broncos ever come with IFS?? if so what years?

2. When was the first year of Fuel Infection

3. And over all what is the best year (just of stuff it came with axles, engine blah blah) i am looking in the years between 1985-1996 or so.. so what would be the best out of those years

Thanks

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
First off, welcome.

Second, search.

Third, IFS or TTB as it's called in Broncos, was used from 80-96.

Fourth, the best year for Broncos is 89 because thats what year mine is, and my bronco is the greatest ever.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Like they said, welcome to the site. The year thats best for you is a prefrence thing, and in all farness to you I'm not sure how you'd go about searching that. If you want to get more specific with your questions, I'll be happy to try and answer them (as will plenty others..(we could always take time to win one over from the darkside...:toothless ) Anyway '78 was the first year of the fullsize Bronco and in '80 it changed body styles...it aslo went to the TTB or Fords version of IFS. From '80-'96 it had the TTB and '96 was the last year. Just remember once you go fullsize, you'll never want a Heep again!!:thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
CLASH said:
IFS was on all 80-96 broncos?? that sucks
Just think of it this way, if you wanted to hardcore wheel a heep you'd want to upgrade to a heavier axle (on most) anyway...same here...we just upgrade our rigs to solid axle...:thumbup

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have been looking in the paper at 91-94's

what axles came on those..

does anybody know a good link of basic options for Broncos like what axles or engines came on certain years know what i am saying??

IFS (TTB whatever) sucks..

If i bought a Bronco i would probaly just leave it IFS.. doing a axle swap is to much for me :D

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
the rear axles are 8.8's which you may not find all that offensive since I've heard (but I may be wrong, you'd know much more) that some Heep owner swap into there rigs because of length and lug pattern anyway. The front ends are D44 TTB...ratios are usualy around 3:55 stock and engines are from 6cl to 5.8...most being 302's (5.0) and 351's (5.8).

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
CLASH said:
If i bought a Bronco i would probaly just leave it IFS.. doing a axle swap is to much for me :D
Oh, don't get me wrong, you can still wheel the shit out of a TTB...the rig in my sig line is TTB...:shrug
I'll prolly leave it TTB unless a deal on axle comes along I just can't refuse...My other Bronco is having a straight axle swapped in ...:thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
CLASH said:
what does TTB mean anyways??
Twin Traction Beam. and it really isn't that bad. you can get lots of travel from it for very little money, especially in relation to other IFS setups. TTB and twin i beam style suspensions are real popular in the desert racing/sand dune crowd. sure TTB is no straight axle, but it is quite a bet better for wheeling than say a chevy IFS with torsion bars. and it uses Dana 44 High Pinion parts, so its relatively strong.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Ahh so you prefere the EFI?? cool! I also like tha '92-'96 body style...my two are '94 and '95. I love 'em! :rockon
Try to find you one with manual shifting 4WD (some are push button and I own one of each but prefere the shifter) and they are all auto locking hubs, but you can get a Warn hub kit to fix that.:beer

1 - 20 of 49 Posts