·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got the tabs for my D60 all done. almost. here are a few pics

the trac bar was cast in & these were welded on

i used old wheels that started as 4.5" & 5" but were worn to about 3.5"

the result of many slow even passes was a nice professional look

i love the three position handle. i taped the trigger to make it easier on myself.

thats about it. they fit really well. have fun and save all your old grinding wheels. you can always start with a 4" and wait til its 3.5" or 3.25" and use that for the same results.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
60, spacers and lower ttb coil mount

you know, I have been meaning to post, but want to get some pics before i did.

I put the wedges on my 60 (King pin) and torqued down the rad arm to where I would want it, and there is going to be a 3/4" space left over. So I went a bought some 3/4 by 3" flat stock and am in the process of making spacers. THE BEST part about this is, (and not for you Axe, sorry), that with the 3/4" extra space there, making the lower TTB coil mount fit in there is going to be pretty easy and super slick. Some more of the 3/4" flat stock is going to make a good mount.

Basically I stole and changed chris85's idea a little bit. I will pot pics when I can.

Either way, that does help clear up some confusion I am sure Axe

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
Ah, the ol' Bronco tailgate workbench. BTDT

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am trying to use all the stock parts that came with the original D44 application. so hopefully it looks like a factory option. that way i dont have to redrill anything. and ok i will ask, BTDT?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
must have been the caps that threw me. it takes alot of grinding, but i dont want to use spacers. back & forth, back & forth

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
plug ugly said:
Keith is sooo witty:goodfinge
I know............BTDT is one of those REALLY rare acronyms.. even more rare than the Drill Doctor. Keep watching those infomercials AX, maybe you'll learn about BTDT :goodfinge

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HDHH:goodfinge

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went with these just because of the factory trac bar mount. i could have fabbed one to use a bolt like stock, but this was nice. all i have to do is mock up the 60 just like the 44 & it will be just like bolting in another 44, but with crossover high steering & the tie rod above & behind the axle. just seemed easiest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts