Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i started dismanteling the 78 f150 to get it ready for the junk yard, im pulling the axles, and the motor trnas, and case.

since all my tools are at one house, and the truck is at anouther, it has made this more difficult.

it is alos in dirt which blows even more. im doing it myself, since my buddy got called into work

i got the rear out the front is almost out. im having some problems but it is mostly ok,

im just sore from dragging a 9" out on a board, and crawling around in the dirt underneathe this thing

nothing the captain cant cure

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
what exactly are you doing with it? just wondering! do you have a DD also?

wes

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was really have reliablity problems with my bronco, problems with the computer various wires ect ect. i wasnt able to keep it out of the shop for more that 2 1/2 weeks. when its electrical, i dont mess with it.

so i came to that unfortunate fork in the road, get a DD and sell the bronco, or somehow come up with a butt load of cash and keep it as my DD and project.

well i quess my ripe old mature age of 25 beat me to it, and i traded the bronco staright up for a 2000 explorer sport. not the best, but i drive 95 miles one way to work, i need reliablity, and low mileage helps too, the exploder only turned 40k the other week.

so i came across a 78 f150 for 100 bucks, back when i had my bronco, mainly for the dana 44. well i got it, and afterwards i thought i would build this up, but it needs alot of work, the body is trashed. so i have decided to part it out. my buddy wants to put the axles under his grand cherokee so he can run a bigger lift than he has now. and i was gonna keep the rest of the drivetrain.

so thats where i am now, got a DD that im not really fond of. and looking for anouther project. im might get a 78f250, or else im back to getting a 80-86 bronco with a 351

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ummmm ok, i say you keep the exploder, and find a 500 dollar project like damager did and build that up, but thats just my opinion

wes

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well no cpatain but i feel beel alot better back still hutrrts though ahaha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts