Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just went to autozone, they said congress wants to ban cars over 6 years old?

Has anyone heard that in your areas? They had a petition there to sign. Could be some little rider that is attached to another bill. but they said that the law would remove vehicles over 6 years from the road or that they would have to be repaired by a licensed mechanic. Sound familiar? AXE

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I think we can chalk this up to a new urban legend. As had been said, this has been going on for roughly 10-15 years now. Think about it, there are FAR too many car clubs, antiques, parades, car shows and businesses to allow this to happen. Hell, the SEMA shows would be cut in half, if this were to happen

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
if i wanted to i could afford a 97 or newer truck but i couldnt afford the insurance no matter what. being young and dumb really hurts.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats funny, i wondered if i got a job that would let me buy a new car that often too? they are sneaky though. you gotta watch out.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
yeah there is no way this will be allowed to pass if it is eve true. Im sure the tree huggers would love it but there is far too many people that love there old cars to let this happen

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
84brownbronco said:
well if they buy me a new truck that is equilvelient. then i good.
Accessory Man said:
There is no such thing silly
:lolup :stupid Amen brotha!:thumbup

Well if it ever happens.... they can come get mine, and even use it to haul my guns away from my dead ass carcass....cause thats the only way they'll get any of it!!!:goodfinge

·
Registered
990 Posts
Blaze said:
Well if it ever happens.... they can come get mine, and even use it to haul my guns away from my dead ass carcass....cause thats the only way they'll get any of it!!!:goodfinge
Damn stright!!!:beer

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
axaviere said:
thats funny, i wondered if i got a job that would let me buy a new car that often too? they are sneaky though. you gotta watch out.
Go to work for an auto auction. Company dually every other year.:D

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
and POS with holes the the mufflers with bald tires and 1 headlight working
:goodfinge :twak :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

·
Super Moderator
14,742 Posts
davids78bronco said:
I think we can chalk this up to a new urban legend. As had been said, this has been going on for roughly 10-15 years now. Think about it, there are FAR too many car clubs, antiques, parades, car shows and businesses to allow this to happen. Hell, the SEMA shows would be cut in half, if this were to happen
I'm with Dave on this one, probably an urban legend...Like alligators in the sewers that grow to 20 feet long. However, if it is true, there is probably some small rider, on a bill headed for Congress that some jackass probably wrote in. It happens all of the time, we just rarely hear about it. You guys would not believe some of the s**t they try to attach to new bills. Most of the stupid stuff never even makes it to a committee before it is removed from the language in the actual bill.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
:histerica :slap :crazy :uhoh3 :chili: :rolleyes: :doh: :twak :toothless :thehand :thehand :thehand :thehand This is a good rumor!! Best one in a long time!:D :D

Originally posted by Blaze
Well if it ever happens.... they can come get mine, and even use it to haul my guns away from my dead ass carcass....cause thats the only way they'll get any of it!!! :goodfinge
I like that statement!!! :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
if they removed the cars, where would they dispose of them? there aren't enough junkyards in the the world to hold them. and what about the huge economy that revolves around keeping those older cars running.

it is so obviously an urban legend. i can't believe how many of you even considered that this could be a real possibility:brownbag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts