Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUT...I couldn't wait to tell everybody, about my weekend adventures.
I went with a friend of mine to Nashville over the weekend to buy another Bronco, that he wanted to make an off-road "beater".
We had selected three vehicles from "Craigslist" as potential "suspects", and with cash in hand we set off on the three hour drive north to Nashville, TN.
Our first stop was an eye-catching ad for a 94 XL for $1500.00 bucks, that the owner had to sell because he was moving. The short version of this story is that the poor ole Bronco had seen it's better days, the engine was knocking and the tranny wouldn't get the thing moving. We passed on this.
Next stop was 20 miles west of town to look at the next best on the list, a 90 model, for $1250 O.B.O. This one turned out to be a vehicle from Conneticut, and it was hld together with Bondo and bailing wire, but the mechanical condition was excellent!!! We talked about maybe buying both and making one good one out of the two. Thought about it but my friend decided he could wait for a better deal to come along and we just went and had lunch while we regrouped and thought about what we would do next, either head up north to look at suspect three, or cut our losses and head back to sweet home Alabama.
We decided that since we were already up in Nashville, we would go ahead and look at the third Bronco a 1989 EB, for $500.00 FIRM.
This thing belonged to a Marine who was being deployed and had to sell. I drove it, looked it over, and much to my surprise found it to be a very complete, very clean, and only suffered from sitting still too long. It had dried seals, faded paint, and the usual minor electrical issues. My friend paid him the money he had asked, and we drove it back to Birmingham with only having to stop once to add oil and transmission fluid. The thing is leaking both really bad, But it will be easily fixed. This thing rides nicer and smoother than my 94!!!! The 89 has a 351W, C6, BW 1345, and an 8.8 Rear.
Needs new headliner, passenger door window motor, and both rear quarter panels replaced. Otherwise it is perfect. The problem?
Now that my friend has driven it and fully inspected it, he wants me to go with him to find another beater, because he said this one is too nice!!!
The guy is 66 years old and has been very good to me, so I will do as he wishes. I guess a bad day of Bronco shopping is still better than a good day of working, huh?
I will post pics of it tomorrow, along with pics of my 94 that I FINALLY got the top off. I had to go and buy the "special" torx-bit to complete, but was worth it in the end when I got to drive around town and soak up all the attention I was getting!!!:beer

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What part of Birmingham are you in?
I work in Pelham, but I live in Gadsden. I know it's one hell of a drive!!!
From my drive way to my parking spot here at work is 83 miles....ONE WAY!!!
Thats why I had to buy a Harley-Davidson, at 53 MPG, it was an easy sell to my wife!!!:thumbup
I know it's not Bronco related, but how bad is the Tide gonna whip up on Clemson in your opinoin???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.