Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in the title I just need a quick answer. If I break the weld on my muffler what can I use to gut the cat without having to cut it open and have weld marks. My friend just removed his clamp and took an old breaker bar and shoved it in. He says he is sure he got everything inside, but I'm skeptical. Can I do this and just put like a shop vac in there and get whats left.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
it would be best to completely remove the cat and replace it with a nice high flow unit. no impact on performance. good for environment.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically my question is, until I have the moneyfor a new y-pipe and high flow cat, could I gut my cat without cutting it open and just use a metal rod, or old breaker bar to break up all the crap in there and then just clean it out?

·
Registered
610 Posts
um...not that its legal or anything but um...yeah...i took off my cat..i mean my BUDDY took off his cat on his old camaro when he didnt have any cash to replace it, and used a metal bar and broke the insides all out to crap. wear a mask though...i'm just saying i could IMAGINE it being dusty with stuff you dont want to breath...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.