Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on other Forums before. The ‘Likes’are new to me, and a great idea. Dogs are furry children, and adults are large children. We like being patted on the back and getting gold stars, even if we only deserve a lesser-colored one. Why no ‘dislike’, or ‘Hate’ button???...just kidding, I don’t want to know how many hate me!!?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,435 Posts
I too like the LIKE function. It's a way to agree with someone, without wasting post space. It also let's people know you are following their builds without mudding up their threads with 'nice job' or 'way to go'

TheHighroad.org also has a like function. On fordsix I find myself wanting g to hit LIKE but it's not there

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
i've been on forums with a "dislike" button. it has a place, too. but probably not on this forum.

for me, the like button is great in the context mentioned above. it's a way to communicate without taking up a post

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,435 Posts
Yeah, when I started here, it wasnt around. When I popped back in a few years ago, it had been implemented. Funny how people resist change lol

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,270 Posts
So many members were against the LIKE button to be integrated here...... its those same members that use it the most now.
In fairness, weren't they most angered with the fact that it was a heart icon? If I remember correctly, it was it's lack of manliness that bothered most.

Reactions: trustyrusty

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,445 Posts
In fairness, weren't they most angered with the fact that it was a heart icon? If I remember correctly, it was it's lack of manliness that bothered most.
Your memory is probably better than mine at this point. I think the main complaint was they didn't want this forum to turn into a Facebook which so many people are against here... or were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts