Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and pops went out pheasant hunting again this afternoon. We hunted for about 4 hours without a single flush. Then my dads brittany spaniel went on point. He ran forward about 20 yards into some thick cover and out popped a bird. Big rooster came roaring out. It was a long passing shot but all it took was one from my 20 gauge remington. On the other side of a ditch he was laying there dead. My dad was standing next to me and he didnt see it flush or go down. He thought i was taking a quick crack shot and i missed. Boy was he wrong.

Year to date for pheasant hunting:
Shots: 5
Birds: 4

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice Bird, Im trying to get a hunt together for this winter to chase some around... In the mean time, Heres what I got..

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
bad 87-- nice what did it dress out at? deer season opens back up here in dec :thumbup oh what type of bow do ya have a i have a martin with 75 lbs of pull and 40% let off shotting easton 1875 arrows with muzzy 100 gram broadheads

·
Registered
83 Posts
Gearrat... He was 120lbs field dressed, 6pt. It is my very first deer ever. The bow in the picture is not mine.. I had already gone back to the truck and left it there. I shoot a Reflex Prowler. Draw wieght is about 62lbs with 65% let off. Easton 2314 Arrows with 125 gr. Muzzy 3 Blades..

Fordman, Didn't try to jack your post.. sorry..

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Very nice, both of you. Never had the thrill of Pheasant, but I want too. Me and a buddy of mine and BroncoBill are going Hog hunting South of Macon in December. We will have lots o pics! They pull hogs outta there that are 400lbs +! Last year I got one that was 74 dressed and my buddy got one that was 85 dressed. I took a shot at one that was easily 250+ but it was running and I missed. I'll also be on some public land here in GA for gun season to see if I can get me a deer or two, and possibly a black bear!

I LOVE HUNTING!!!!

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
(no worries about jacking threads)

Ive been hunting deer since i was 12. Im 21 now and ive got a total of ZERO deer. I dont know if im going out this year or not. You see, my problem is i cant stay awake. I go out to my blind and fall asleep. Ill sleep all day long out there. Who knows how many deer have run across me while i was cashed out. I sold my bow and ive never had a rifle (always used dads 35 marlin) so i dont know if ill make it. I like small game hunting better. Harder to fall asleep while walking.

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Man, I would love to go hog hunting again, I miss it. A friend of mine had some land out in Jasper, near Live Oak and we would go out there and hunt hogs with Pistols. Talk about sporting. Those damn things can really move.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
You could try stalking the deer. Not something I have the ability to do, but atleast you would be moving. For me, it's hard to sleep int he stands, every leak crumble or twig crack gets me on nervous paranoid as to what it could be. 99.999999999999% it a damn squirrel.

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
It's always a squirrel. Last time I was up in a stand was the middle of December down here, it was raining, about 38 degrees and windy..definitely not hunting weather. But we were dumb and went out anyway. Three an a half hours later, nothing..The deer knew better than to go out in that s**t. And I damn near caught pneumonia from it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
actually..38 degrees and windy is a good situation.. Deer have to keep moving when it's that cold... the wind would be your enemy though.. especially if it keeps changing on you... they will travel into their trail from down wind to pick up scent... I'm going Deer hunting Tomm. morning maybe I will pop a big one..it's 4 points on one side or better in my club..If I shoot it will be a good un'....

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i like coon hunting, take some bling bling and stick it in a box with a hole big enough for them to get their grubby paws on and they will get the bling bling. but the hand won't come out, for some reason they love the bling bling so much they will stay there for hours before they let go, even if u walk up on them.
And no i am not talking about human coon!!:thumbup :thumbup

Althought they too like bling bling, wonder if this trick will work on them and we could catch us some thiefs around here!!

i just got a new copy of my hunter education card and i am planning on going hunt this dec maybe if the boss will let me off for 4 days. have to go to dallas for the deer hunting. got a friend here that got some land in dallas and said we could go there hunting, cause he keeps it up for deer hunting for himself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts