Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it whenever I go to the junkyard I never leave empty handed? I stayed in town for work today and passed by a junkyard so I thought I would pop in to see if I could find another one of these:

Its a bolt that holds down the pin on my calipers. Nothing special except for the counter-sink in it. I've been looking everywhere for another one since I broke its mate and no parts store has it, nor the dealer, nor the junkyards. Anyways, I was walking around and looked inside an old F-150 and saw this sitting on the bench seat:

A year or so ago I kicked a guy out of the bar and he took a stick of wood and smashed my headlight and a big hole in the plastic. This piece is goddamn near perfect, it only needs a little Mothers chrome polish.

Price? $10.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah, whenever u go into a junkyard...ALWAYS look inside vehicles. there is bound to have something good there that ppl hide in there for later pickup. junkyards r good(^_^)

·
Registered
507 Posts
USMCGunrock0811 said:
yeah, whenever u go into a junkyard...ALWAYS look inside vehicles. there is bound to have something good there that ppl hide in there for later pickup. junkyards r good(^_^)
:stupid :stupid

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I used to like junkyards, but I cant stand the people in there. One time I went to one to get an engine core and I didn't know it was half price day. BIG MISTAKE!
I'll gladly pay full price so I don't have to have to tell every Mexican in the junkyard "Me take whole engine.....You no take part off" and give them the hand signals too because they don't speek any english.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I bought a starter for a friends car one day, bastard at the junkyard told me he tested it and it was good. It's middle of winter cold as hell -15 with the windchill. Car was a Oldsmobile delta 88 with a 3800 finally got the starter changed after an hour of battling wind and snow only to find out it was junk. Took it all off and went back to the junkyard pissed as hell the guy looked at me and said that cant be the starter I sold you and I was like you have got to be kidding. We fought back and forth and he finally gave me another one on the way out the door he tells my buddy and I, hey guys when you're done ****ing around in the cold go grab a hot snatch at the dorms. We both looked at him with the shut the **** up face and he laughed and said oh that's right you go the Michigan Tech. To this day the guy pisses me off...

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
MikE2 said:
I used to like junkyards, but I cant stand the people in there. One time I went to one to get an engine core and I didn't know it was half price day. BIG MISTAKE!
I'll gladly pay full price so I don't have to have to tell every Mexican in the junkyard "Me take whole engine.....You no take part off" and give them the hand signals too because they don't speek any english.

:histerica :histerica Come down a little more south. It gets even more fun. When our local JY has the 1/2 off sale its about a 50 to one ratio at least. It was amusing when I got my leather seats out of the Jeep. It was like I was rolling thru there with a pallet of Corona or something.:rofl:

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here we go again! Went to the junkyard today looking for a few nuts and bolts, and a steering shaft when I came upon these beauties:

These bad boys are going into the '84. They line right up, and the hardest part will be the wiring. I cant believe how clean they are. So I pulled them out, gathered the rest of the stuff and go to the counter. Guy says "give me $20 for the whole lot". I happily pulled out my wallet and discovered that I didnt have any cash and asked him if I could pay my debit. "Debits down", he says, "Just come by sometime next week and give me the money."

Sweet!

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Thats soooo funny Matt "Debits down!!" and its lost on you - they don't have a debit machine!! :rofl: :rofl: :histerica

MatthewC said:
Here we go again! Went to the junkyard today looking for a few nuts and bolts, and a steering shaft when I came upon these beauties:

These bad boys are going into the '84. They line right up, and the hardest part will be the wiring. I cant believe how clean they are. So I pulled them out, gathered the rest of the stuff and go to the counter. Guy says "give me $20 for the whole lot". I happily pulled out my wallet and discovered that I didnt have any cash and asked him if I could pay my debit. "Debits down", he says, "Just come by sometime next week and give me the money."

Sweet!

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bossind said:
Thats soooo funny Matt "Debits down!!" and its lost on you - they don't have a debit machine!! :rofl: :rofl: :histerica
Dammit!

I hate it when I dont get a joke....

·
Registered
401 Posts
You know that if you go to a halfway decent store (CarQuest) they can get you those bolts.

We did for Potamus's Bronco last summer, they come in a set of two.

Ask the counterman if they have it in brake hardware for your vehicle.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I bought a starter for a friends car one day, bastard at the junkyard told me he tested it and it was good. It's middle of winter cold as hell -15 with the windchill. Car was a Oldsmobile delta 88 with a 3800 finally got the starter changed after an hour of battling wind and snow only to find out it was junk. Took it all off and went back to the junkyard pissed as hell the guy looked at me and said that cant be the starter I sold you and I was like you have got to be kidding. We fought back and forth and he finally gave me another one on the way out the door he tells my buddy and I, hey guys when you're done ****ing around in the cold go grab a hot snatch at the dorms. We both looked at him with the shut the **** up face and he laughed and said oh that's right you go the Michigan Tech. To this day the guy pisses me off...

I would have taken that starter and thrown it at his face

1 - 20 of 29 Posts