Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Miller 175 recently and love it. I used to just occassionally need a welder but now I find myself welding even if it doesn't need it. I'll just run a bead on stuff for a little insurance. I'm no longer running to the JY to find those missing brackets either, just get out some scrap metal and make my own, they might be ugly as sin but they work perfectly.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Daves Bronc 90 made a good point when I was at his house one day. "When your only tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails"

I had the same thing when I got my welder. I was welding everything.
It is arguably the best tool one could own for serious work on a 4x4. This assumes you have at least a decent set of basic hand tools (which is likely more important). I keep scrap steel for the very purpose of likely being able to fabricate some bracket or something just by putting some steel together.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
It is arguably the best tool one could own for serious work on a 4x4. This assumes you have at least a decent set of basic hand tools (which is likely more important).
I think Dave's stellar fab work can partly be attributed to all the little knick nacks hes got. I swear, everytime we have some little weird situation during a fab, hes got some special tool that makes it easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts