Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the bronk to work today and for the first time i had probs with the auto hubs . i was trying to pull the 2 company plow trucks(brand new f-250's) out of a small revine when the hubs started to slip on me :banghead . the good news is my company is replacing them for me with manuals:thumbup and possibly replacing my bumper as it was damaged :toothless in the pulling of the trucks ..

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
22inches! had alot of fun out on the unplowed streets today. besides a few jeepers an a sweet 71 gmc P/U with a plow i had the street all to my self.:thumbup

my truck had a good day. it looked mean as hell with a icicle beard around the bumper an grill. Also got to help two people, a 2005 police explorer stuck in 4lo and only spinning one tire :rofl: an a lexus suv....... those things suck :duh

GET RID OF THOSE AUTOS! but make sure they dont get you those 1/4 turn hubs

·
Registered
940 Posts
4Wheelin Rust bucket said:
22inches! had alot of fun out on the unplowed streets today. besides a few jeepers an a sweet 71 gmc P/U with a plow i had the street all to my self.:thumbup

my truck had a good day. it looked mean as hell with a icicle beard around the bumper an grill. Also got to help two people, a 2005 police explorer stuck in 4lo and only spinning one tire :rofl: an a lexus suv....... those things suck :duh

GET RID OF THOSE AUTOS! but make sure they dont get you those 1/4 turn hubs
they did a pretty good job over here with the snow. my landlord's plow pump went out, so he had someone come plow us out.....
with a bronco. :twotu: sweet.

whats wrong with the 1/4 turns? my warns are 1/4 turn. i have no trouble. :shrug:

·
Registered
605 Posts
i thought you had warn premiums

oh an the 9/10th turn makes sure that your hubs engage and stay engaged cuz ive heard some bad reviews an stories from others about them unlocking an all that goodstuff. it makes sense but thats just me

·
Registered
940 Posts
4Wheelin Rust bucket said:
i thought you had warn premiums

oh an the 9/10th turn makes sure that your hubs engage and stay engaged cuz ive heard some bad reviews an stories from others about them unlocking an all that goodstuff. it makes sense but thats just me
stupid parts guy ordered them instead of the premiums :banghead
anything is better than autohubs. they died on this truck, my last fsb, and the 91 explorer i had. junk.

·
Registered
940 Posts
stangmata50l said:
It's funny to hear all these stories about auto hubs. They never really gave me a problem at all...and i never serviced them. :shrug

I have the 1/4 turns on my truck and don't mind them at all. Actually alot easier to turn then the premiums. The "bing" factor isn't there though. :toothless

you got lucky with them i guess. those explorer hubs were a whole new pos. they fell apart when you took off the tire. :banghead

my 86 has the old factory red plastic manual hubs. the warn regulars (black plastic center) on my 95 seem to be just like them :shrug

·
Registered
605 Posts
broncobum said:
you got lucky with them i guess. those explorer hubs were a whole new pos. they fell apart when you took off the tire. :banghead
yea every exploder that comes into the shop has the hubs falll apart when you take the wheels off. ford engineering at its best:thumbup

i lost a spindle because of autos lol

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
stangmasta what kind of hubs do you have and would i need the conversion kit by warn ??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am gonna run my autos till they break. I am taking bets on how long till they give. lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
inpurgatory1 said:
took the bronk to work today and for the first time i had probs with the auto hubs . i was trying to pull the 2 company plow trucks(brand new f-250's) out of a small revine when the hubs started to slip on me :banghead . the good news is my company is replacing them for me with manuals:thumbup and possibly replacing my bumper as it was damaged :toothless in the pulling of the trucks ..
well i got a set of manual hub locks, on a parts bronco looking to make a few dollars out of what can be scrapped, if u r looking for a set? i love the manuals myself, becasue if ur planning on getting stuck, u will know to lock ur hubs before u go in, so y have hte easy button, that always messes up and there is no second choice well send me a PM if you are intrested, really it would be pick up only to, i cant ship i hate shipping did it a few times, and i always got ripped..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts