Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though the status of bronco owners is that they hate the ttb. We as bronco owners must remember that the ttb served the truck for 16 of its 18 years as a big boy. So how about something positive that anyone out there has accomplished with their ttb. I just want to see if there is someone out there that likes this suspension as much as I do. I personally got my suspension workling extremely well. It has rediculous wheel travel.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I like the TTB because it came with the truck and did not cost me anything extra. Other than that :shrug

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Yeah, right....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey derrick have you ever heard of auto fab? they are getting like 16-24 inches of travel out of these. thats what I call rediculous when you compare it to the average 5-8 inches offered by other ifs vehicles. Thats even Alot when compared to any streetable solid axel.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
bad96 said:
hey derrick have you ever heard of auto fab? they are getting like 16-24 inches of travel out of these. thats what I call rediculous when you compare it to the average 5-8 inches offered by other ifs vehicles. Thats even Alot when compared to any streetable solid axel.

Is that what you're running on yours? I didnt read your sig yet.

I am aware of the long travel suspensions.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah I dont know whats up with all the TTB hating. It does have its advantages over solid axles.

I mean why would any auto manufacturer go to a independent 4wd front suspension if it had no advantage. Didnt chevy and others copy ford and switch to independent too. Why?? if it sucks so bad. Yeah it might not be as good as solid for major serious wheeling, but thats not the kind of wheeling most bronco's see anyways.:shrug

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
TTB haha whats that :histerica

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
TTB??? TiTty Bar?

I like breaking TTB parts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
broncoorboat said:
:brownbag I know it is a stupid question but what is TTB?
TwinTurbo something...I think.???

Nah its twin traction beam. ahah

·
Registered
119 Posts
I HATE TTB

The ttb is designed to keep stock once you lift the bronco they SUCK. Can't keep it aligned for crap, the caster & camber go way out. I did a 9 inch lift with the TTB and first muddin shredded two 38 SSRs at 348.00$$$ a piece. Yanked that TTB out and did a 79 dana 44 SAS swap and now got at least 6-8 inch clearance on back fender well. TTBs are ok if you don't do any major lift maybe just a body lift it might be alright.Look at the pics of FSBs with the TTB under it and look at the front tires one is straight the other is got more COCK than John Holmes they SUCK.:goodfinge :rebelflag

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
twin traction beam, IIRC i think there was a thread with a bunch of app. that were hella helpful.

Think my Favorite was BFH

but this is hi jacking.

I think a SAS would be sweet, but since I am getting like 0 time on rocks, don't think I can justify it. Hope to hook up a 78-9 when i get back to TX to start on one though.

those fab sus are pretty pricy though aren't they?

·
Registered
119 Posts
TTBs

I forgot i was supposed to say something positive about the TTB here goes, I took mine out and shit canned it:goodfinge

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
CHUCKD43 said:
I forgot i was supposed to say something positive about the TTB here goes, I took mine out and shit canned it:goodfinge
I left mine in and it shit canned itself

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
My bronco is a toy hauler/ daily driver. Alighnment issues are reason enough to do SAS when your tires are 250 a pop. I'd never NEVER lift a ttb again. The only good thing I can say about TTB is that I don't have one. TTB is ghey, and if you dissagree w/ me your a homo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm hoping to turn my 94 into a mild jumper/prerunning type truck. I think TTB, even 4x4 will be good for that purpose. I figure a strong front 4" lift (2" to level and 2" to be a bit nose-high). Then do some re-working of the rear susp. to match landing abilities.

All I have out here is long, winding trails and powerline roads/fire roads with whoops all the way. I think It'd feel awesome to get some air under her!

1 - 20 of 261 Posts