Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The decision to try Maaco was easy, nobody in Petaluma does repaint except two shops. One wanted 5.5k and the other said $3500 over the phone but when I went there they wanted 6k. These were just for the same color. I needed about 7 or 8 dings fixed, one nasty one on a seam, and two big holes where I removed the new mirrors the asshat I bought it off installed. Because I didn't feel like taken off the inside door panel to deal with the locking nuts the guy put on, I just pulled them off causing a lot of damage. You cannot even notice damage anymore, the body work was excellent. They also welded my rusty roof seams, and primed them. The shape of the paint was horrible, it had CC failure everywhere. The best part of this paint job was the prep...

I showed up unannounced because I forgot about my antenna, I wanted it replaced and went to see options. Anyhow, when I got there they had the roof off, and the seams welded and primed. They also sanded off all the bad clear coat and Primed it! Without me asking for it or anything. They did it the right way! They had the Bronco for a week.

Passenger side roof line pics
drivers roof

Mirror holes fixed, just to the left of these three small holes was the huge gaping whole I had from pulling the mirror bolt through the sheet metal. On the drivers side it was even worse cause I dented it with a hammer trying to pull the thing out. There is so sign of the damage, only factory holes where I'll attach my mirrors!
mirror hole driver
mirror hole passenger

Well, I feel like I got a 5k job done for $1700 dollars. I'm telling you this job was better then the factory paint job I had on the 2007 Chevy I just sold! I was nervous because some of you guys had negative stuff to say about Maaco, but all I can say is that the Maaco at 112 Commercial Ct # 19
Santa Rosa does excellent excellent work!!! I'm blown away at the quality.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
I was nervous because some of you guys had negative stuff to say about Maaco, but all I can say is that the Maaco at 112 Commercial Ct # 19
Santa Rosa does excellent excellent work!!! I'm blown away at the quality.
Looks good. :thumbup

But so did my hood and roof for about 2 years after Maaco painted it.
Now, 10yrs later it looks like poop, it's wrinkling and peeling off, and is so badly oxidized that you buff through the paint before the oxidization. :cry

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
That is the beauty of a cheap paint job. In 2 years go get it done again. Mine would end up with scratches anyways and need it even is it was an expensive paint job. I had one of the $200 jobs in the 90's.:doh0715:

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got their "Signature" BB CC combo, and it comes with a 6 year guarantee. I'm also a detailer so I take good care of my chit, it will last unless there is something I don't know about. A little Zaino every 6 months and she'll be good. It was their 1200 paint job and unbelievably it was only 500 for all that body work and welding. Anyhow, unless they ban me like they trying to do with Iron Horse, I'll be here to let ya'll know what it looks like in 2 years. I'm getting older and busted up, my Bronc wont see much wheeling.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
looks like there is a lot of orange peel on the first pic, but alot of people don't mind it.

looks like that actually taped off everything very well

·
I see Broncos
6,011 Posts
Looks nice and what a beautiful color to boot!

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
magnumpi
They are still using solvent based paint, when they go to water based paint the BC will set finer. None of the shops would have wetsanded the BC, it would have been an extra charge above the high amounts already quoted. I can't see much orange peel at all, but I did not want to pay for the extra step of sanding basecoat, that was my choice. It's hard to see but it is a metallic paint, that might be adding to the muteness of the reelections. In person it is hard to see any flaws, including orange peel.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
BurlyQ, regardless of anyones words, I feel money well spent and looks great, great color and can not even tell that is the same FSB, well done. :thumbup

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Not all Maaco's are the same. Looks like you went to a good one though. Looks amazing. :thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
magnumpi
They are still using solvent based paint, when they go to water based paint the BC will set finer. None of the shops would have wetsanded the BC, it would have been an extra charge above the high amounts already quoted. I can't see much orange peel at all, but I did not want to pay for the extra step of sanding basecoat, that was my choice. It's hard to see but it is a metallic paint, that might be adding to the muteness of the reelections. In person it is hard to see any flaws, including orange peel.
you def. can't beat it for the money.....im just anal about paint :thumbup

·
Administrator
22,854 Posts
magnumpi
interesting...since Cali went to water bourne only last year.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts