Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
I remember seeing the '92-'96s on the showroom floor with MSRP of $25,500+.馃槼
Times have changed. Inflation is a bitch. New f150s are so much now. Hell even my base wrangler was in the upper 30s (below sticker).

Reactions: CDA 455

Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
as mentioned it is super region specific.
Where I am at in Indiana, 12,500 i dont think would be un-reasonable as it sits.

The right buyer likely would not care about the miles, I wouldn't as the stock motor doesnt cut it for me power wise anyways. SO long as runs good enough to be rebuilt, is all I'd personally look for. Like mentioned its black, that is worth more to me too.

Registered
I haven't thought of selling so I am not familiar with the market but is the current fuel price situation affecting the BKO market at all?

I have always said the these trucks were undervalued, just 5 years ago premium rust free examples could be had for $5-7500, I never understood that. For future refence, I do believe you have the potential to get $15k for your truck, you can look at potential buyers with a clear face and tell them with that a BKO in mint condition is worth $15 (or more) and with 2k work you will fit that category and that would be my selling point. Or you can just do the work yourself and get the full value.

Premium Member
I have always said the these trucks were undervalued, just 5 years ago premium rust free examples could be had for $5-7500, I never understood that.
I used to think they were undervalued, now I think they are overvalued. But I guess almost everything costs too much these days.

Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
I used to think they were undervalued, now I think they are overvalued. But I guess almost everything costs too much these days.
Inflation plus collector car status

Reactions: NASSTY

Registered
1991 Bronco XLT, 5.0L, automatic, 3.55 gears
Clean it up, list it for $16k, and see what happens! Last year before car values went nuts, I listed mine for $2,500 more than I thought it was worth and got asking price. We can all speculate but these things are worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
I remember seeing the '92-'96s on the showroom floor with MSRP of $25,500+.馃槼
My fully loaded 94 XLT was 29k and change!

Registered
93 FSB 5.8 EFI E4OD Punisher VB 6" BDS Stage II w/DSS 33" MT 4.10 Detroit TT Locker KN TBS JET Chip
For the record, I was planning to wash the damn thing. :)

Thanks, all. The deal I was looking (to buy a Suburban) didn't work out, so I'll be keeping the bronco for a while longer.

Thanks, again, for the honest feedback.
Did you wash it yet? Lol, now I want to see it sparkle. Post a pic when it's cleaned up.

Registered
You can sell these bad boys all day long ...... for a nice profit.

Just like selling that house you live in ..... the only problem is what happens when you want to buy another one. unlike the housing market .... they are never going to make an old school V8 Bronco again.

Registered
1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8L
Well I'm Out in Texas and Got this 94 Eddie Bauer Edition for $4,300.00 everything works perfect. I had no idea how much they are worth I guess my Boss really hooked me up with this beauty.... How much do you think this is worth if I would put it for sale?
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Automotive design

Registered
Looks like you got a nice deal.

I would be skeptical of any vehicle that had go-fast stickers all over the engine bay like that (indicates young/irresponsible/abusive previous ownership).

Engine bay otherwise looks mostly correct, that's a good thing.

Tires are mismatched. Does it have two license plates?

Not really enough info given to estimate a market value though.

Registered
1992 Eddie Bauer, 5.8, E4OD
I鈥檇 have to say 5-7k. I paid 3400 for my Eddie Bauer and the interior is in amazing shape. All original and I have all of the pieces. The dash isn鈥檛 cracked either! Granted mine had a misfire when I bought it and the engine has 215k but the tranny has 50k on it. The exterior is in really good shape aside from bondo that broke off on the driver fender and the roof clear coat is peeling as well as the typical tailgate rust. My cousin paid 3k for his 89 bronco and after he cleaned it, the interior looks almost brand new. His had clear coat issues but zero rust. With yours having seats other than factory it鈥檒l really affect the price. The carpet is in bad shape as well. The brakes definitely need done and for 15k it would need to be ready to rock without any uncertainty. People shell out more money for things that haven鈥檛 built to fit someone else鈥檚 dream.

Registered
I like your 96 and I agree with some folks who have posted here. With all the work done you mentioned - on the road ready to roll, I think it would get 15k. Mine is a Southern truck with 275k on the body but I didn't care as it's rust free. I've enjoyed working through all its issues, and I think a lot of us on here do. I will say, I built it for me, not to sell, and some folks might have a negative feeling about a black 93 with a grey interior. Which I don't think is year correct, but again, our own individual taste matters as well. Now that you'll be spending a bit more time with it, enjoy working on the things it needs to bring it up to the next level!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Car

Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Did you wash it yet? Lol, now I want to see it sparkle. Post a pic when it's cleaned up.
:) once I get the paycheck from my teaching job I'm going to raptor-liner the shell. I'll post pictures then.

I'd want someone you vacuum up all that pig vomit off the carpets if I was going to pay $15k......
Calm down, dude. It was, literally, the work of 10 minutes with a shop vac to clean all that stuff up.

The truck isn't clean in my photos because I wasn't selling it NOW, or HERE.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts