Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of having to ask permission to do ANYTHING to Kris' Bronco, so I just built her a front bumper, that's a take-off from The Skinny. The center hoop is similar to what I built for Blaze's front bumper -

Just a bit shorter, and the end hoops are like what you'd find on an ARB bumper - they follow along the front marker lights, then turn down to the top of the bumper. I was going to bolt it on, and had 4 holes drilled, per side, but I had decided to just weld the F'er on there instead. The tops of the frame horns need to be cut off still, so I can weld on the winch plate. I had to trim off about 1 1/2" from the center of the grill shell, so the winch can sit as close to the grill as possible, w/o actually having to cut into the grill - Kris wasn't going for that.

It's also getting a front receiver, and two shackle hangers - later. I've already noticed that the smaller traffic is more willing to give up their lane for me

Edit - Here's a quick MSPaint of what it looks like. The lights shown are only to show where the lights could be mounted

I could have 8" lights on top of the hoop, and it'll still be well below the front corner of the hood. 10" lights and I'd be seeing the tops of them

·
Registered
748 Posts
That looks damn good Dave...wouldn't mind that hangin' off of one of my broncos...er...both of them. :beer :thumbup

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is a nice looking bumper David, especially the drawing with the two extra hoops. That is just about the design I am looking to get for my 1991 Bronco!

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It'll be even better once I can get SOME kind of pictures of it. I'm going to see if Kris can use her boss' camera for a couple shots. And just to clarify... all the bumpers I build, and post about, I do offer to anyone who wants one. But give me a little time yet, I've got two orders to fill yet (starting this weekend)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts