Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has an m5od. The shifter is destroyed. The socket that holds the ball shattered. So I can move my shifter 2 feet in any direction while its in gear. Its a PITFA to find 3rd and 4th.

I can't find a damn shifter for the stupid thing. I would like to upgrade to something like a hurst since I need to spend money on it. WHy not go the extra mile?

Now all I can find is a hurst shifter from Summit. And in order to find it, I had to search under 1989 f150 (i have an 89 bronco). Stupid thing is 220 bucks.

Are there any other shifters made for the m5od? I searched the forums and google and get nothing. Is there anywhere else I can get one for a better price?

I spent over an hour looking. Can't find jack.

please help me before I freak out... lol... thanks in advance.

·
Registered
408 Posts
hurst is the only one that i can find that makes a aftermarket shifter for it, and it is a short shifter. i would take a short shifter over a stocker anytime, but i'm sure you can go to a junkyard and get one for really cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.