1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Sweet truck

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Sorry, can't buy the truck, but wanted to compliment you on your garage. Looks like a nice place to work.

What bike is that in front of the Bronco? Looks like an old DT1 or something along those lines.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
I think he's saying he would like some money to buy that thing for 11K.

Thats better then the 7.3L 70's that was in Peterson's.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Thats a sweet truck.
I have never been a fan of the 3208 because they are dogs, but that would probably be a whole different story in a 7000 pound pick-up

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
Man I would like to have that truck!! WOOHOO!!:thumbup :thumbup

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
davids78bronco said:
Is that really yours?? I've gotta know what was involved with swapping in that 3208
No, just came across it on ebay and wanted to share!

Adrianspeeder

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
SrATEX said:
not a fan of the seat cover though
If thats its only flaw offer him 50 bucks and see if he takes it daniel.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
MikE2 said:
Thats a sweet truck.
I have never been a fan of the 3208 because they are dogs, but that would probably be a whole different story in a 7000 pound pick-up
THey are also considered "throw away engines" I made the mistake of saying they were sweet at the machinist and they set me straight. We had one in a 6 wheel 20 yard dump F7000. I used to have to change the oil on that sucker.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
THey are also considered "throw away engines" I made the mistake of saying they were sweet at the machinist and they set me straight. We had one in a 6 wheel 20 yard dump F7000. I used to have to change the oil on that sucker.
I was going to leave that part out because last time I said it this guy got all bent out of shape because he had 4 3208's on his boat.
Definantly a throwaway. Crappy design and Cats only engine with non-removable liners

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Wasn't there a truck posted on Pirate forever ago like that with a CAT engine in it?

That's pretty cool. :thumbup
yup, a guy named diamond dave had it, he recently either sold it or parted it out if i remember right

edit: oops, i was talkin bout a buggy, didnt read far enough into mels post, either way, theres a big buggy out there with a cat engine in it

i wish i could have that truck, itd be fun as a ranch truck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts