Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in need of some stock 78 bronco axle wedges. i bought the bronco a few weeks ago and it has a 4 inch lift on it. when he installed the lift he did not put the factory wedges back in between the spring and axle. so my pinion is sitting level with the ground. not good for u-joint life. i have checked everywhere i can think of near denver colorado and no one has them for the 78 bronco. i am also looking for a stock rear driveshaft for a manual transmission.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
ive got 2 for ya. $8 shipped

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do you have an auto trans or manual. The angle of the blocks differ between the two trannies. If you use the wrong ones, you angle will still be off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mudman78 said:
Do you have an auto trans or manual. The angle of the blocks differ between the two trannies. If you use the wrong ones, you angle will still be off.
i have a manual transmission. i plan on also getting some 2 or 4 degree shims depending how it looks once i get the wedge in there.
are they off a 78 with manual tranny?? if so i will take em.

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
FordX4Redneck said:
i have a manual transmission. i plan on also getting some 2 or 4 degree shims depending how it looks once i get the wedge in there.
are they off a 78 with manual tranny?? if so i will take em.
I have a set of off a '96 that I don't need anymore and I am close if you want to throw them on and check your angle, only would take 30-40 minutes to swap them in. Strangely enough they are in the back of the Bronco right now along with my floor jack and a spitload of tools...

Let me know, I live in Arvada and work in Golden, CO.

PM me if you want to check them out.

dc

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what size are they? i saw some at truckford in englewood and they measured about 5/8" on the small side and about 1 1/4 on the tall side. the guy there told me that all the blocks are the same size from 78-96. only difference is on the 78 snd 79 the pin on the top of the wedge is bigger. seems you are close i might try em. if they fit cool if not ill keep em for something else lol.

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
I will go out and measure them. I am at work right now so give me a few minutes...
dc

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
It is 5/8" on one end, 1 1/4" on the other end, X 5" (and 4 1/2 on the short side of wedge). The "nub" is about 9/16" or 5/8" although I don't have my digital calipers on me. And the hole appears to be around 5/8".

Let me know.

dc

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey dave, thanks for the wedges. i went to put them in yesterday and found out that my u bolts on one side arent long enuff. so i will have to get some new ones. hopefully i will get it done next weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts