Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been forever and a day, since I messed with this, and even then, I spent minimal time with it. But now, I'm needing it, to put CAD files of my products together. This is where my question comes in: How the F do I make my 2Ds to 3Ds? I've completely forgotten how to add depth to my rectangles, and cylinders. Years ago, I drew up a battery tray, after seeing it on TrucksTV, and it looked great, but now, I can't remember how to do what I did

Anyone can tell me what the command is, that I need to do this, I'd appreciate it. I should be able to finger it out from there... it's just remembering that one command :brownbag

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i mainly use autodesk inventor for all my work like that, makes both 2d and 3d plus 3d animations of what a product should do. i like it alot, and it should be made by the same company

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Pro/E and SolidWorks are more fun for 3D stuff. :toothless

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh, a couple problems with that tho. 1- I don't seem to have it anymore, and 2- I wasn't able to figure out how to get started with it

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright, now, I'm stuck... I'm trying to make a corner with my tubing, to show how a roll bar, cage, etc will look. How do I do that??

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
davids78bronco said:
alright, now, I'm stuck... I'm trying to make a corner with my tubing, to show how a roll bar, cage, etc will look. How do I do that??
Hey David,

I use Pro/E, and found a self-tutorial book. Being as AutoCAD is so popular, I'm sure there are a ton of them. I found my book to be awesome:thumbup Might give that a try and start from page 1, I learned some new things that really saved a lot of time.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I think you're right... the book might just be easier, than trying to interpret what someone's trying to explain, here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts