Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my friend Tim lost his brother to suicide. I knew Jeff for a number of years and he was a great guy but he always battled mental problems. Here is one of the articles I was able to dig up online, note the way that Jeff took his life. This caused their Grandmother, who also lives at the house, to have a heart attack as she went outside to see the blaze. The Moore family of Thousand Oaks could really use some prayers right now.

T.O. man dies in trailer blaze, officials say
February 27, 2006

A Thousand Oaks man was found dead early Saturday morning after the trailer he lived in behind his parents' home caught fire.

The body of Jeffrey Earl Moore, 31, was discovered by county firefighters about 12:30 a.m. as they put out the blaze that began around midnight in the 2600 block of Avenida de las Plantas in a residential area of Thousand Oaks, Senior Deputy Medical Examiner Craig Stevens said.

A firefighter suffered a knee injury while responding to the incident, authorities said.

The Ventura County Fire Department arrived on scene about 12:03 a.m. after receiving calls from neighbors reporting an explosion and flames, a fire communications dispatcher said.

Moore suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, and it is believed he had a mental health crisis sometime during the night and poured gasoline inside the trailer, Stevens said.

An autopsy showed the cause of death was asphyxiation from smoke inhalation.
Note - Tim reports that Grandma is in the hospital and doing better. His parents haven't really even had a chance to morn the loss of their son because she's been in surgery the last couple of days.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Wow Burl, sorry to hear that
The family will be in our prayers

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Prayers are with you and his family. It is so hard to accept things like this, my deepest condolences.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Very unfortunate. Prayers are definitely with them.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Prayers given.....

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
that's really a tough situation. thoughts and prayers to that family.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Damn, Sorry to hear that Garth. As you know I lost a good friend to suicide too, so I know what your going through. If you need to chat you got my number bro. Take care

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,513 Posts
you got it man... condolences

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
they are in my prayers

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
That's terrible, man, I'm sorry to hear that.

·
Super Moderator
25,789 Posts
our condolences to the family and you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts