Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if you all know but last summer I found out I was unable to keep up with the payments on a Max title loan. I got a call from a collection agency and they said if I could come up with 3800.00 cash in a week I could keep the truck. Otherwise they were going to take it. Well the loan defaulted back in June or July. The collector called in the begining of december. He never called me back. He won't answer his phone and the Max title place says they can't do anything with it because its in collections. Now I was going to tell them 500 is what I will pay and thats that. I told the guy on the phone if I did not pay him buy the end of december to just pick it up by the 15th of January. Well no show no calls can't contact him. I want to try and keep it but it will no longer have a title. My 79 blew up and its body is shot to shit. Can't I just swap everything into the 79 and call it done. A friend said its both yours and theirs but they have abandoned it. :wtf Help please.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man, the LAST thing you want to do is ruin your credit rating... I know.. been there done that... took YEARS to fix....Save up and pay it you'll be better off in the long run. Good luck Duncan

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Too late, your credit is already screwed. Tear down your bronco with the lean on it and go buy another bronco that maybe needs a drive-train or has been in an accident and swap over your parts.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That's how these guys get their money. You're screwed either way. If it were me I'd take what I could. Be prepared for this, they shown and up take your car, about a month later you get a bill for 2,000. this will be the difference from the amount they got at auction from selling your car and the amount you owe. Even if you leave it alone you will still get a big bill.

My buddy missed one payment and 2 years later they show up and repoed his car. He still made all the payments during the two years. He also got a 1000 dollar bill for the difference after auction.

·
Banned
6,930 Posts
"Can't I just swap everything into the 79 and call it done." = theft. They got the title (read ownership). They don't have a lein, but the truck is "pledged" collateral. The only difference between them and the mob is that they won't come around and break your legs.

You've had over six months to work out your financial problems, so don't dig your hole any deeper. Let them have the truck and consider it a lesson learned.

You've still got your Mustang, don't you?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The state is going after them for 300% interest gouging. I have tried to call thhem repeatedly. My credit was done when they sent it off to a collection agency. I am aware of that However it is sitting on my parents land. I have given them the loacation and plenty of time to recover the vehicle. When I went to the courthouse they said it was a lien that was on the title.

I am trying to get ahold of the state attorney do you think they would be able to help. i can prove I hhave tried to contact the guy with my phone records.

I still got the mustang its been coming along nice. I need to get to work on the suspension now. If you drop the hammer at 60mph it will go sideways. Its a rushh but it kills for keeping traction once I am moving.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
When a lienholder wants to repo a vehicle it's not your job to help them out in any way. Your credit is already screwed so it's really up to you. Whether you let them have it as is or take a bunch of stuff off it first they're still gonna hit you with a big BS bill after it gets auctioned off(assuming they ever actually show up to repo it). Personally I'd strip it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts