Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the carpet and have driver seat redone.
Anyone here buy a replacment carpet kit from an online source and seat upolstery are you happy with the quality and fit?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Yes and yes. Jeffs for the carpet kit, it is made by ACC and I had it in 3 or 4 days. They make it to order. Also check out http://www.smsautofabrics.com/ for the OE seat material. Here's a few pics:
Floor somewhat.

Cargo area.

Tailgate carpet, a couple of black head screws and you can't tell.

Seat material, exactly like OE.

New carpet going in the supercab, also from Jeffs. It comes with no holes for anything, all has to be done by you but it is molded perfectly and is about the lowest price I found. A 135 bucks for the supercab carpet.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Thanks, I had never compared prices.

On the F350 on curious regarding the picture you posted that shows the transfer case lever. What is the plastic thing on the kick panel carpet? I'm wondering since the truck has factory AC so it shouldn't have the vents?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Dunno? I don't know if that was included with the A/C or not. It is a lower fresh vent, it is also missing the handle to open and close. I need to find one for it.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I've never seen one on vehicles that came with factory AC.

Did you find the build sheet for the truck when you pulled the carpet and seats out?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dunno? I don't know if that was included with the A/C or not. It is a lower fresh vent, it is also missing the handle to open and close. I need to find one for it.
AC could possibly have been added by the dealer. We bought a 76 supercab brand new. The AC was added at the dealership. Our 76 had the same fresh air vents. Not saying this is gospel for every truck, but that was the case with ours.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Were your controls on the vent register for the A/C controls or was it in the same location as the heater selector? The dealer added A/C is a lot different than factory A/C. This supercab has the factory A/C, big box mounted on the firewall in engine compartment. The dealer added A/C had the box mounted under the dash in the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
On Jeff's carpet I would use glue... mine looks like shit imo. I'm gunna have it redone along with my seats, dash, and panels.

Hey ranger where'd you get your rear inner quarter panels? Did you order those from sms as well?

And where do you get OE headliner?

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Kid the rear cargo panels are still the OE ones as well as the headliner. The cargo panels are in OK shape but there not perfect. I have yet to see anyone reproduce those. Mine are typical of all others, the chrome is all peeling off. I was going to see if I could maybe redo them with some silver or chrome stripping tape. The headliner on the other hand is still in real good shape. The only way I would change that is if I found a Lariat panel in black for a pickup truck.

I put a brown Lariat headliner in my old Bronco and it looked real nice. The truck headliner is a little bigger than a Bronco but with a sharp razor knife it cut down perfect.

Oh yeah, I also used a spray adhesive glue when I installed the rear cargo carpet, especially on the wheel wells.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Kid the rear cargo panels are still the OE ones as well as the headliner. The cargo panels are in OK shape but there not perfect. I have yet to see anyone reproduce those. Mine are typical of all others, the chrome is all peeling off. I was going to see if I could maybe redo them with some silver or chrome stripping tape. The headliner on the other hand is still in real good shape. The only way I would change that is if I found a Lariat panel in black for a pickup truck.

I put a brown Lariat headliner in my old Bronco and it looked real nice. The truck headliner is a little bigger than a Bronco but with a sharp razor knife it cut down perfect.

Oh yeah, I also used a spray adhesive glue when I installed the rear cargo carpet, especially on the wheel wells.

Ya I wish I would have had the spray adhesive:doh0715: I thought it would be okay... oh well, the carpet is getting me by. I have a headliner that is in fair shape. I was curious if you know of anyway to get hardened rubbing compound out of te perforated little holes without ruining the headliner?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Toothpick?:histerica

Lemme think on that one a while..
I was cleaning the chrome around it a while back and Some rubbing compound got in the little holes. I tried taking an extremely small drill bit to it but no luck... Just wondering if there was a solvent that would break it down without doing harm to the headliner...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Were your controls on the vent register for the A/C controls or was it in the same location as the heater selector? The dealer added A/C is a lot different than factory A/C. This supercab has the factory A/C, big box mounted on the firewall in engine compartment. The dealer added A/C had the box mounted under the dash in the passenger compartment.
Box mounted under the dash in the passenger side. Controls were on the vent register. Was not a Factory A/C truck. Dad watched them add the box under the dash.

I wishi I had that truck. Brand new 1976 F250 Supercab. Two tone Red/White. Camper Special. 390/4 barrel. Dealer added A/C. Bought it off of the show room floor from Taylor Froggley Ford in Oswego KS for $16,000.00. One dang good truck. Lasted us a very long time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts