Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing my lights and antenna today I noticed something I have never seen before. Any one got an indea what it is. I am thinking some type of antenna???

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Antenna for the locator transmitter mounted by the boys from the black helicopters..

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW. I have a MNO mount on the roof of my BKO.

Now to help everyone else out on the site, could someone else explain what a MNO mount does, and the advantages of one.

I would, but then I would look like I was super smart and people would start taking my advice and stuff.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Looks similar to where my CB antenna is mounted... If you take off your interior roof light you should be able to see it. It'd let you know if there is a wire still connected or not. But maybe you don't care that much.

Edit: Never heard of an NMO mount. If that is what it is it is just a standard mount that you can hook any NMO style antenna into. I did a quick google and saw mostly cell phone antenna stuff.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I think about it again I remember seeing a a wire going in that direction (IIRC kinda looked like cat 5 cable). I would go do so, but it is like 25 outside and after being out in that weather all day, I don't see me checking tonight.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So for the most part it is completly worthless....

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if I started getting into HAM I am in luck.

I have the CB antenna mounted, other then that I can't think of anything else I need on a car I drive once and month, and usually on the beach or in the mud.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So if I started getting into HAM I am in luck.

I have the CB antenna mounted, other then that I can't think of anything else I need on a car I drive once and month, and usually on the beach or in the mud.
Yes, if you get into Ham radio you may be able to use the mount with another antenna. If the mount is bad you can replace it.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,563 Posts
actually its a standard FSB tracking device, its issued upon registration, its usually hidden better though

"i see bronco people"

:thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
if its something like 3" it should be an 800mhz antenna, i guess it could be used with 900mhz too, but hardly anyone really uses them to begin with.

Def NMO mount. Was your bronco ever owned by a volunteer fire fighter?
Could have been for a cell phone, but i kinda doubt it. If you still got the coax tucked under the carpet somewhere you could change out the antenna for a low band one and use it for a CB. or get your ham license and use it for a ham radio.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts