Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 78 351c 3 months ago and I LOVE IT! I bought off a guy from Ontario for 4000 and had to get the fuel sending unit replaced while driving the truck back home ( 1400km from the purchased ). Its pretty stock and the interior is in an amazing condition.

I was lied to about a few things like it being a 4BBL ( 2bbl, motorcrafter ).
Either way, I love the truck and can't wait to mess around with it.
I hope the photo works!
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
3,696 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to say you were probably also lied to about it being a 351C. If it's stock it's a 351M. The 351M and 400 engines share a lot with the Cleveland but they are not technically Clevelands. Search and you'll find lots of posts on this. That should not detract from your Bronco - if built correctly the 351M/400 is a good engine. But it is possible a PO did swap in a 351C. Again if you search you'll find comparison pics of both so you can tell for sure what you have. (Deck height and bell housing bolt patterns are different.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
78/79 are some nice examples of Bronco. Congrats on your purchase. PO can embellish a vehicle but dont let that deter your enthusiasm. Enjoy!

PS- to post a pic, I just put them in my facebook account and linked the image code from there. No need to put them elsewhere if you already use FB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts