Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past couple small trips..20 miles or less in the Bronco I smell gas fumes while driving.. I cannot smell it outside the truck.... I have a full tank of gas and it doesnt seem that it is leaking?.. Where should I start first.. It doesnt seem really heavy odor.. but just enough to detect it...

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
Check around your charcoal cannister, its the part that the gas fumes vent into under the hood. Also part of the emmissions equipment. Should be on the passenger side down towards the frame rail. A lot of people don't know it but these go bad, or wear out or become clogged. Mine was bad and I had a really strong gas smell coming from under the hood, from time to time you could smell it in the cab. I replaced it and have not had a problem. Recommended service is at 50K miles, I think.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my tank is leaking slowly so im going to help my dad and grandfather drop it and put a new one in. Even though it wil lbe my truck next year when im 16, they are replacing all the shitty parts for me. :toothless :toothless so far it has been a raidator, both window motors, and the 2 body supports up front and now the tank. Altough i did have to buy the rebuilt motor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
my tank is leaking slowly so im going to help my dad and grandfather drop it and put a new one in. Even though it wil lbe my truck next year when im 16, they are replacing all the shitty parts for me. :toothless :toothless so far it has been a raidator, both window motors, and the 2 body supports up front and now the tank. Altough i did have to buy the rebuilt motor.

Anyway, check your tank for leaks. We knoe mine is leaking because there are puddles underneath it.

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
broncobill said:
anybody?:shrug
Bro, I responded to you, if you're smelling it in the cab but not outside it is probably coming from under the hood somewhere. That or check the filler neck of your gas tank.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jermil.. thanx for response.. I was looking for a few places to check.. turns out.. the small hose to charcoal cannister is indeed rotted apart and broken... picked up hose this afternoon... most likely this is the case considering I am on a full tank....

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
sorry it's my fault I had mexican:goodfinge

·
Super Moderator
14,957 Posts
I believe they are around $50 bucks.

·
"SMUGGLERS EDITION"
538 Posts
:lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup