Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your minds out of the gutter. :goodfinge

I coach my daughter's softball teams and I have to say, next to being a parent it has to be one of the most rewarding things I have ever done with my time. I have coached some of them since they were 6yo, and watching them grow as people and as athletes is pretty amazing. If course it kills my chances for spring and fall turkey hunting, but I'll have plenty of time to do that when she is older.

How many of you coach?

·
Back in Action
6,590 Posts
I can't wait till I have kids and coach their sports. Coaches have had a huge impact in my life. I loved playing sports and all coaches that helped me be a better person.

Thanks for being a coach, it is a very honorable thing to do :thumbup

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9-11yo soccer, a few years ago. will likely start again when my daughter is showing interest.
I am actually glad my daughter gave up on soccer early so I didn't have to coach them for too long. I will admit I love watching the 4-6yo play magnet ball. She only played three years of basketball so that was short lived too.

It's funny, I help my wife with her GS Troop and I was dishing out hot cocoa at hayride and I kept hearing " hey coach Steve" both from her troop and a few others. :toothless

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I coach 10-12 Y.O's in Football....I really enjoy it, and I don't have children that age.
I do have one about to start on the small kids team-8-10 Y.O's. But I'm not coaching him, and am sticking to the older kids.

It's great fun, and you end up being a figure that many of the kids look up to, but it can be disappointing too seeing how shitty some parents are.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
I spend most of my paid time with the same age group. ;)
Been coaching middle school football as long as I've been teaching (13 years). It's a ton of time, but coaching is a great way to teach a lot of worthwhile lessons to kids that they won't get anywhere else. Props to you for donating your time for the kids. They will never forget you.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
I help out when needed coaching my sons 10U baseball team. Nothing better than seeing how far these kids advance with their skills.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
I help my brothers with my nephews football team. My nephews Dad has been coaching pretty much the same kids since my nephew was little. Some parents think its a way to get a free baby sitter 3 nights a week and on saturdays. No participation. Heck there is one kid that wanted to play real bad but his mom wouldn't put any money, so my brothers put up the registration fee, new custom uniform, and new cleats so he could play. He turned out real good too. I must say though that I seen some real shitbag coaches over the years, screaming, and cussing at the kids, teaching them to play unfairly. So my hat goes off to all of you who donate your time to teach these kids life long lessons.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
We have the same douchebag parents/coaches here expecting more out of a little kid. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing a coach yelling or screaming at a kid this age for making an error. I also can't stand a parent that wants to automatically become an umpire and tell the "official" umpire that he made a bad call. Everyone is human, shut your fawking pie hole.

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,450 Posts
Yeah we have a loud mouth mom on our team that likes nothing more than to shout at the refs and other teams parents. We also experienced one game where a coach actually stopped the game because they were losing. Yeah thats great, we already have a generation of lazy kids, now lets teach them to take the easy way out when life doesn't go their way. Instead of teaching to work harder to achieve something.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I don't like coaches.. They always made me run alot.. Ok I was fat and needed to run :)

It's fun to watch the little kids play sports... funniest thing I've ever seen was in a practice for like 6-8 year olds maybe.. Was co-ed and this boy and is freind was picking on his little sister, being kinda mean... Anyways couple plays later the sister just layed out her brother. Flipped him upside down and everything. Then did the whole Ray Lewis thing and stood over him and just looked at him and walked off..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts