Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
atleast anymore! :toothless :toothless :toothless :toothless

started on it tonight. got some stuff done, LOTS more work, hopefully by sunday it will be welded up

its hard to bend it even and make it look right since the body ius so far mauled. nothing is straight, every part of it is tweaked in one way or another.

we learned the targa bar is pushed over 2" to the passanger side, the middle of the windsheild is pushed back, the hood is not centered, and the sides do a "wave" on the back

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
i think the idea of an exo is to keep the body panels fairly straight....after they are already cruchy there aint much point to it....still looks good tho

p.s.: is that you, axles etc?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SquattyD said:
i think the idea of an exo is to keep the body panels fairly straight....after they are already cruchy there aint much point to it....still looks good tho

p.s.: is that you, axles etc?
the idea of the cage is so i don't die!
you try making a full interior cage on my samaria, and keep it somewhat intact when it rolls multiple times.....
exo is easier, and lets the trees slide by it/

·
Registered
589 Posts
sami looks nice... whats that black vehical in the back ground there, looks familiar like ive seen one or two before, but i cant place it... :shrug :goodfinge :shrug

just f-in with ya...

and on an offtopic question... did you ever rid yourself of those 36s you were tryin to sell off? just wonderin i never heard what happened with um... thanks.:beer

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bronco85 said:
What no pictures of D60s??
okay, you asked for it! :goodfinge
acually, i only did a little on the cage today, worked on fixing a big truck, and did the gears and detroit in my d60 front for the Bronco
im using my friends bender right now, mine is rodered and will be here in a few weeks

my gheeto fab bearing spillter. i started doing the gears two weekends ago, bu tbroke the bearing splitte rin half doing the pinion bearing, so i made this up 2weeks ago, and never go back to the project till today. when i layed it on a pair of I beams to support the plate in the press imanaged to get the carrier bearings off easy enough, but the pinion bearing i broke my splitter on was not coming. it liked its home very much. after a lot of heat it started to come, but the cage bent, so i couldnt use it for a setup bearing like i did with the carriers.
i guesstimated my shims on the pinion, and got it close enough that i could adjust it right with the shims behind the race.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scrapped some of it today. decied it was to high, sowe ditched the targa bar.
redid the main hoop, and totally finished the rear other than tieing it into the stock bar and running a seat belt mount on the tie in bar.

got the hood bar to match the zuk hood PERFECT and got its supports at the front farme cut and notched up.
the front hoop is mostly bent, but needs some more manipulating

the plan was to build it and tack it all toghether, then pull it off in 2 sections(front/back) weld it fully, then reinstall.

well, it s so close rapped around the body it wasnt going to happen, so i welded the back all up tight today.

i just cant go any bigger than a 38" tire on my spare, damm, i guess that limits my tire size to what im running now. :lolup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bronkzilla said:
looks good.. what are the plans for the front..
a hoop that follows the door openiong, around th ewindsheild ,and dow nthe otehr side. tied into the back hoop with 4 spreaders, and then a door bar from the main hoop to the front. then T the front hood bar into it with a gusset going along the flare.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Miketnf150 said:
This is fullsizeBronco.com not smallsizezuk.com:twak :toothless :twak :toothless :twak

Just kidding man. Looking good!
LOL, but my smallsize zuk is BIGGER than your fullsize bronco

:goodfinge :toothless

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
lookin good i would have to agree with it looking better than the square tube cage keep up the good work :thumbup

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
i kinda liked the square cage. lookd like somethin i'd throw together. New cage is awsome though, gives the whole righ a much cleaner look:thumbup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts