Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i need to buy this....

http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=1121&occlass=MILE&cat=WIN
it is on sale for $599 12000LB MileMarker winch.

Now my new problem is how will i pay off my new bill..
:cry

Now when i purchase this should i weld the body to the frame so when i pull it out of the muck the body comes too and not just the frame. :banghead

:histerica

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
You're thinking of the hydraulic winches.... those are another beast entirely.

Take a look at the specs:

MM 12K
1st -- 12000#
2nd -- 9,210#
3rd -- 8.030 #
4th -- 6,894#

Warn M12k
1st -- 12,000#
2nd -- 11,120#
3rd -- 10,340#
4th -- 9770#
5th -- 9250#

So the Warn pulls harder with all the cable wound than the MM pulls on the 2nd wrap. For all intents and purposes, the MM is really more like a 9500# winch... it's only going to pull hard for the first few feet. Beyond that, it's specs are nearly nose-nose with smaller Warns like the HS9500. Not only that, but it holds 25' less cable than the Warn.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I think it's a pretty good deal...I understand what Seboh is trying to say and for extreme wheelin' it's prolly true..but most people can get by with a 9500 winch, and if your saying the 1200 has the same stats as the Warn 9500 then lets compare those two...
(going by your facts I don't know them just trusting your facts) so the stats are the same except that the MM pulls harder in the first turn and it's a hellova lot cheaper, who cares that the "name" is 1200 if it should be 9500...dollar for pound is the important part to me...:shrug

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
welndmn said:
But for nearly the 1,000 differance,
You talking $1000 or 1000#? The Warn is $1k, the MM is $600.

The 9500# Warns are about $800.

Personally, a winch isn't where I'd be trying to save money... not exactly the piece of hardware that I want disappointing me on the trail.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, but since the MM *needs* a snatch block and an extension line to compete with the Warn, the cost difference isn't quite so bad.... ;)

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for me that winch would work well because i am not one of those crazy people like you guys burying your truck up to the windows....yea i was looking for specs on the cable but couldn't find them...i was still debating on spending th money on the 15000lb warn winch then i should never have to upgrade.

:lolup

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea right...i love overkill....my bumper is made from 3/8" thick i beams...i hvae hit a tree in the woods at about thirty...stopped me dead in my tracks but didn't break any thing that i could see :toothless ..... Those crazy people in 4 wheel and off road toated a 15000lb on their super duty...

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
yeah, that superduty prob weighs 10,000 lbs. and they were pulling thru deep mud and up the entire helldorado. now they have a 24v 4 battery setup. they are going to have a hard time smokin this winch.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
SquattyD said:
yeah, that superduty prob weighs 10,000 lbs. and they were pulling thru deep mud and up the entire helldorado. now they have a 24v 4 battery setup. they are going to have a hard time smokin this winch.
this guy had the warn 15k winch. he smoked it.

probably because he got stuck right at the beginning and then tried to pull himself all the way down the pit with the winch. what a ****.

·
Stuck like a MoFo
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats pretty dumb but also he had a super duty wich ways just a few more pounds than my f150..plus if i buy a winch i would do like 4wheeler and switch to 24 volt just for the overkill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts