Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today on how I have extra 2.3Turbo parts lying around, enough to put a setup in another vehicle.

So I think I know what I want to do.

4wd Ranger+2.3 turbo+SAS=Cheap offroad fun for 4sd4d:thumbup

I do not think I would care how pretty it is, just want something to beat on along the lines of the Zuks, and Yotas seen on here.

It would involve an engine and FI system that I am fairly familiar with.

Just a random thought, hope you all enjoy.

Now discuss.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
well you would need a 9 inch or an 8.8 rear to match the width or a D44 up front. Single cab short box would be cool. Take off the box and tube the rear.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I would like to keep fenders and stuff on so I could drive it from place to place.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
That is definitely one option. Another is a Jeep D30 out of an XJ. Easy to setup as it's already coil sprung, the right width and not to mention much easier to find than a EB D44. Or you could always go leaf sprung up front.

Just some motivation:
:rockon

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is some good motivation Lazarus, is that a V6?

Where do you live Hashbash?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
That is definitely one option. Another is a Jeep D30 out of an XJ. Easy to setup as it's already coil sprung, the right width and not to mention much easier to find than a EB D44. Or you could always go leaf sprung up front.

Just some motivation:
:rockon
The diff is on the passengers side??

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
What's he got for a rear axle on that?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That sounds like it would be an absolute blast. I've been having similar dirty thoughts, except mine involve rearranging the firewall and stuffing in a 300. :thumbup

My plan (in a couple of years when I'm likely to get around to it, though I'm already collecting parts) is currently to go to the yard and yank a fullsize 9" out of a late 70's pickup. I've already got a 78 fullsize D44 front laying in the back yard to match it. I figure the D44/9" combo should hold up to a decent bit more tire under a Ranger with a little less engine than a Bronco with a V8. :toothless

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It's a 96 sittin on 40" Boggers. Complete chevy drivetrain(that oughta get em stirred up). 400/TH350/NP203/NP205. Dana 60 front/14bolt rear. Locked front and rear. Full hydraulic steering. 4-link w/ Panhard up front, triangulated 4-link rear. 5.5" EB coils all around. 32 gallon fuel cell. etc., etc...
Unfortunately, that's the only pic the guy has posted of the Ranger.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Which house? what's your alarm code? Do you have any large dogs?:histerica

4sd4d, you can find rangers pretty damn cheap, specially the ones that've been totaled by the insurance company, we get em around here for 400-500 bux all the time.

Yeller

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I can find one cheap, I will do it!

·
Registered
755 Posts
DO IT UP! so is that ranger in the pic running what for a tcase to go with the front axel? looks awesome

1 - 20 of 23 Posts