Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cleaned my throttle body lats weekend with a clean ment for throttle bodys. it didn't want to start right off and when it did the idle speed was way up, like 1200 acording to the factory tack. i took it for a short drive and it went down to about 1000 in park about 800 in drive, but has never got any lower. then this morring on the way to work just before the thermostat opened i stoped at a light and the idle went down to about 600 but it was running rough, when i went to pull away from the light it try'd to stall and blew out black smoke from the tail pipe like a over rich carb would. it cleared up shortly after the engin reached normal running temp. the same story on the way home. i pulled the codes from it last night and came up with a 31 PFE,EVP or EVR circuit below minimum voltage and a 54 ACT sensor circuit open witch was my falt i was do'n some work around it a while back and un pluged it and the when i finished i forgt to plug it in before i try'd to restart the engin. i replaced the EVP sensor tonight so that shold be fixed but what do i do about my other troubles i am having???

·
Only the Bronco
973 Posts
well, since your act was unplugged, that should take care of the reast of the problems......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i replaced the act. no codes come'n up now. but i still have a high idle. about 800 in drive stoped 900 in park. help this is gonna drive me up the wall!!!!!:shrug :banghead :mad: :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts