Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to work up in Detroit today. On the way to work I passed a full size SUV covered in checker-board camo. The front grill had a Ford symbol so I don't know what else it could be. It was definitely larger than an Explorer. It did not have the bubble tail from the other supposed spy shot. Unfortunately, it would have been unsafe to take pics in morning rush hour.

·
Super Moderator
23,879 Posts
Yo T,
For goodness sake, please rename this thread because I thought you were peeking at me!

��

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had to work up in Detroit today. On the way to work I passed a full size SUV covered in checker-board camo. The front grill had a Ford symbol so I don't know what else it could be. It was definitely larger than an Explorer. It did not have the bubble tail from the other supposed spy shot. Unfortunately, it would have been unsafe to take pics in morning rush hour.
I'm all for safety behind the wheel, but circumstances dictate a little more risk in this situation!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Aww man that's too bad you couldn't get a shot of it. That's really interesting that it looks bigger than the Explorer, I wonder if it was 2 or 4 door version that you saw.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
at silver lake sand dunes last week, there was a couple new ford suv running around
one was there other market ford Everest and another all camoed up they were beating hard and they had to tow it out oneday with a strap
they were also bashing the new ranger pickup with large alloy beam bumpers,presumably to push or be pushed out of a stuck situation

the Everest was an exploder looking beast and pretty yawntastic ass was the camo beast which may have had a Lincoln center badge
both were 4 door station wagons

·
Registered
79 Posts
at silver lake sand dunes last week, there was a couple new ford suv running around
one was there other market ford Everest and another all camoed up they were beating hard and they had to tow it out oneday with a strap
they were also bashing the new ranger pickup with large alloy beam bumpers,presumably to push or be pushed out of a stuck situation

the Everest was an exploder looking beast and pretty yawntastic ass was the camo beast which may have had a Lincoln center badge
Any pics or videos?

·
Registered
824 Posts

the Everest is pretty nice actually I wouldn't be mad if those where sold here. true 4wd/rwd suv like the older explorers.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
the Everest is pretty nice actually I wouldn't be mad if those where sold here. true 4wd/rwd suv like the older explorers.
it sure looked like it could have been a rebadged explorer

these were snapped on a walk by from the washroom, I rode my quad around them a couple different times in the lot and on the dunes and the guys were watching me like a hawk giving me the stink eye the entire time or I would have snapped some better pics

you can see the new white 4 dr ranger in the background too

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
That’s pretty cool they have them in the dunes. I work in. Big bear California from time to time and the oems do a lot of elevation testing up there. There are always camo cars in the hotel parking lot

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
there was a couple guys driving new dodge trx pickups, it look remarkably like a raptor,as it is intended to be a direct competitor
these guys were getting paid well to really beat on those 2 trucks,and they were really throwing them around hard
they looked and sounded pretty bad ass and had the big hemi in them

I want a job like that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
there was a couple guys driving new dodge trx pickups, it look remarkably like a raptor,as it is intended to be a direct competitor
these guys were getting paid well to really beat on those 2 trucks,and they were really throwing them around hard
they looked and sounded pretty bad ass and had the big hemi in them

I want a job like that!

Be careful what you wish for lol. Im sure they have days that feel like work.
I work in product development for a Powersports company as a test technician / test rider..... some days are worse than others..... but then again some days are epic lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts