Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
G-mail

I can send it to you tonight if you can hold out for another 3 hours or so.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I have 50 on each of my 3 gmail accounts so if anyone wants a few...hit me up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
marv said:
I'd think twice about anything to do with GOOGLE.
why is that?:uhoh3

And do you really even need an invite? I signed up without one almost a year ago. Just went to gmail.com and registered.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Fo' sho. I sent 5. (Sorry guys, I have 100 on each account, not 50. Any more takers...?)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
marv said:
I'd think twice about anything to do with GOOGLE.
Eh...you're just paranoid. And seriously, if they want to take the time to read through the garbage I call email, then more power to 'em. Seriously, who wants to slog through all that crap? And as far as the advertising, it is completely unobtrusive, and is not a hassle at all.

I've been using Gmail for a year and a half, now, and it rocks. They have the BEST spam filter of any of the free email services, as far as I can tell.

If you want truly secure email, then you need to build and host your own mail server, on a machine that you control. Then, you need to hard-wire it to the machine you're sending the mail to, with no interruptions between the machines. Use a 256 bit encryption key, and a one-time cipher. Then, MAYBE, it'll be secure. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
peteyg said:
I've been using Gmail for a year and a half, now, and it rocks. They have the BEST spam filter of any of the free email services, as far as I can tell.
me too, i love gmail, the SPAM filter is really the best i have seen/used, google dont send you crap and there is nothing invasive about the service

and last i checked i have hundreds and hundreds of invites if anyone needs it :toothless

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Yeah, marv...you're being a bit paranoid there aren't you?

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Google is IN THE BUSINESS of collecting information. Even the spam that isn't sent on to you still goes through their portals.

And nobody, not even the government, reads every e-mail. They, including Google, just scan for matches on keywords. I'd rather some dumb GS-5 intercept my e-mail, than some curious nerd in private industry do it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts