Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had browsed ebay for a sec and something caught my eye

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-C...193887186QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200193887186

That's pretty badass, 3 door VW crewcab army truck. Would be badass :histerica

The main problem is you can't find a diesel crewcab truck unless you look at 3/4-1ton trucks, and even then are limited by the newer years. Old trucks are only big trucks or small VW's and are single cabs.

I had been browsing for possible diesel vehicles to run on biodiesel...now that would make one sweet veggie oil hauler/cruiser...would probably get 40mpg too :toothless

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Those things are sweet. My parents used to have 2 VW vanagons when I was a kid.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I bid on it. I wonder how hard it would be to register in Michigan

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bid on it. I wonder how hard it would be to register in Michigan
Fawker it's mine :goodfinge

Any idea on the differences since it's a military european spec "vanagon" or w/e? I was just curious on parts transferance, parts availibility, etc.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
and now from the otherside... that'd be a flat todd.... and it looks empty... not filled with gravel

do they get the jaws of life for things like this or do you just get a ride to the scrap yard mushed up in it??

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Nice crash test.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll hang out in the bed of the truck..i'm sure it has drop down troop carrying seats. at least i hope!

Damn that thing crumpled quick...the front seating area looks like the crumple zone.

Are those things a unibody type deal or what? And..Todd you the highest bidder? I want someone to get it from here..don't see many like that out there even searching on google n stuff

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The USAF had a bunch of those when I was stationed at Ramstein and they were pretty tough but slow. We had about 25 of them in the telephone shop and the only common problem I remember was the ignition switch failed a lot which made you stall it to turn it off and the injectors had alot of problems.

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
those are going to be slow.
what would be cool is a snychro with a TDI transplant.
even cooler? Pinzie with a TDI transplant. There are few out there.
Caveat: don't burn veggie in a TDI, they no like.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I'll hang out in the bed of the truck..i'm sure it has drop down troop carrying seats. at least i hope!

Damn that thing crumpled quick...the front seating area looks like the crumple zone.

Are those things a unibody type deal or what? And..Todd you the highest bidder? I want someone to get it from here..don't see many like that out there even searching on google n stuff
They are unibody, they're rear engine 4wd also. They're a blast to drive even though they are horribly underpowered. There are very few "pickup" variants in the US. Here's some more info if you're interested. I just bid $2400 and didnt meet the high bid or reserve. I'm talking to my dad about it. He remembers how much fun we had in our old vanagon. I remember my mom driving it like a maniac and running over everything in sight

http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro_website/TechnicalPages/_THE SYNCRO STORY.htm

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's pretty badass Todd..you better get it :beer

Also...for a finders fee Todd I demand to be able to roadtrip to Michigan and drive it free of charge :toothless

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I think its pretty gay no matter how you look at it. I don't see how it could suit anyones needs better then all the common trucks out there.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think its pretty gay no matter how you look at it. I don't see how it could suit anyones needs better then all the common trucks out there.
Decent MPG diesel crewcab truck that's not a fullsize? I haven't seen any out there in the US other than something like this...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts