Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup! Grew up with them. My pa wouldn't have anything else. Found some pics of my old Blazer so I thought I'd share. Keep in mind this is 1990 and these are all pictures of pictures.

Here it is in all it's glory! This is after I cleaned it up. Sure is perty, aint it? Bought it from my uncle for $2000 (I think??). He purchased it new in Riverside, CA and it was his personal survey rig for his company until I took it off of his hands.

...but that was just the beginning.

Now it's perty'r!! These are pictures from 1989-90 after I finished it. Complete with era correct heartbeat stripes hand laid by me. Replaced all of the seals and weatherstripped, windshield, mirrors, painted inside and out and smoothed the top. The front fender openings were modified to clear the 35's in a way that only the trained eye could detect. Removed the tire carrier and filled the holes as well.

Mildly built 468ci rat motor. Had enough in it to lift the front end a foot when it launched.

This picture was taken at my wedding in Connecticut. Had about 30-50k on it at that time, but still fairly clean.

Using it. It sounded so good. I wish I had video. What you can't see is the Pro Diff built 9" in the back, NP435, NP205 t-case, monster Centerforce clutch, custom driveshafts.....the stock ones kept twisting off.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That thing is sweet. Why/how did you get rid of it?
Too many years of headaches with the ex. I traded it for a '68 Camaro with a 383 roller motor....with a 9" and $2500.

neat. Nice GMC. That motor looks bad ass.
Yeah, it's a Jimmy, but I removed the tags and called it a Blazer from day one. Jimmy always sounded too corny.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Too many years of headaches with the ex. I traded it for a '68 Camaro with a 383 roller motor....with a 9" and $2500.

Yeah, it's a Jimmy, but I removed the tags and called it a Blazer from day one. Jimmy always sounded too corny.
I see...

I knew a guy named Jim who put Jimmy tags on his Chevy pickup, :rofl:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Man that's a nice truck! I had a '79 short stepper with an interesting 350, but it was only a 2wd and when I got stuck in my friend's neighbor's driveway that about did it for me, lol

Which year is this truck? Must be a pre-'79 judging by the grille and the headlights bezels.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts

Yeah the name of your Boyfreind:goodfinge

I throughly suspect that Bronco Rob really wants a Jimmy.:chili:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I hate chevy's. Although they have made some amazing cars. The look of the blazer was damn good when done right. That motor is clean as hell. You should find a way to look it up.... see if you can buy it back

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
that thing looks great!! hope to have a comparable motor in my truck some day. although i dont think it'll happen any time soon

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which year is this truck? Must be a pre-'79 judging by the grille and the headlights bezels.
'76

You should find a way to look it up.... see if you can buy it back
I've often thought of that, but I sold it in 1995. Right now it's either a hacked up crawler or sitting in someones backyard in Oregon, rusting away. I sold it to a cop that just fell in love with it. He didn't like the price, but gave in after a couple of months. Last I heard he had moved to Oregon and taken it with him.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
'76

I've often thought of that, but I sold it in 1995. Right now it's either a hacked up crawler or sitting in someones backyard in Oregon, rusting away. I sold it to a cop that just fell in love with it. He didn't like the price, but gave in after a couple of months. Last I heard he had moved to Oregon and taken it with him.
yup some things you are better off not knowing about

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I could always look him up for ya. If he aint too far away

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Personally, i don't like that bodystyle blazer, the 80s and 90s ones looked ok thou.

That motor is screaming thou. I would have loved to have heard it

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
Personally, i don't like that bodystyle blazer, the 80s and 90s ones looked ok thou.

That motor is screaming thou. I would have loved to have heard it
Hast thou been reading Shakespeare? Wouldst thou like an ealier k5 betterest?

anyhoo, that truck is sweet. great job on the build and thanks for sharing.
i had a 79 suburban (well gmc version which is a what, silverado?).

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Hast thou been reading Shakespeare? Wouldst thou like an ealier k5 betterest?
actually, i forgot about the earlier ones...i like the earlier bodystyle with the removable top that comes over the front of the cab.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts