Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..discovered something.:toothless I have been contemplating getting a Aussie or other type locker since I got my Bronco because according to the label on the door post I have an open dif. So I was at the park here the other day and it is all gravel road and parking lot. So big bad me goes and nails it and of course I get spinning wheels but what was quite a surprise is BOTH wheels spun leaving two nice tracks in the gravel and the Bronc moved straight ahead. Uh-oh what the heck??? An open dif will spin only one wheel and the vehicle will skew away from the spinning wheel side. I did it a couple more times and got the same results. Think maybe someone put a LSD or locker in this thing??? Sure pulls that front end up nice when it blasts off. :thumbup:haha

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,538 Posts
A quick check to confirm (if the tag's still there), is to shinny underneath and read the gear ratio on the tag, lower left corner. If the ratio number has an "L" or "T" in it (e.g. 3 L 55) then it's a 3.55 ratio with LS diff. If it's just "3 55," then it's open.

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an open dif.....:cry Jacked the rear end up and spun one wheel and the other one moved in the opposite direction..shit!

Oh looked at the tag too....no L or T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts