Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the bank this morning and deposited a check for 258.66, got my deposit slip and drove off, before pulling out of the lot I double checked it and to my surprise my deposit showed $258,366.00, holy shinizit! being the honest abe I am and damn well knowing if I wasnt that this would bight me in the ass hard, I took it inside to get it corrected, the girl in the drive thru I am pretty sure pee'd a little on herself when she saw what she had done :toothless (missed the dot and hit the three)

anyway, i thought it was neat, now I can say I had a 1/4 of a million in my checking account once in my life :rockon

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Tell the truth Joe.....You got an email from some Nigerian prince and...........

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
PaulT said:
Tell the truth Joe.....You got an email from some Nigerian prince and...........
:histerica :histerica :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hey wait a minute....he said he needed MY help...

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
dsotmoon said:
went to the bank this morning and deposited a check for 258.66, got my deposit slip and drove off, before pulling out of the lot I double checked it and to my surprise my deposit showed $258,366.00, holy shinizit! being the honest abe I am and damn well knowing if I wasnt that this would bight me in the ass hard, I took it inside to get it corrected, the girl in the drive thru I am pretty sure pee'd a little on herself when she saw what she had done :toothless (missed the dot and hit the three)

anyway, i thought it was neat, now I can say I had a 1/4 of a million in my checking account once in my life :rockon

I got one better than that. I finally got a check from worker's comp. I took it to the bank, i went to cash it, they told me they couldn't cash it until it was cleared. The check was written from the state of ohio to me. I looked at the teller and said "Aw, i don't blame you, i don't trust the state that much either" and just deposited to the account.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's nothing. Once my commission check at work, which is normally somewhere around $1.25*my hours (my base pay is pretty decent for student salary, so the $1.25 is really not that insulting)... But once, they gave me my base pay * my hours... Boy it sure was nice getting a whole month of pay TWICE! Yeah, that didn't last very long either... about 20 seconds to be precise. :p

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Man I'd ask for a printout showing the amount in checking and frame it.... Just to for the heck of it----Fog

·
Registered
213 Posts
Bronco Rob said:
I got one better than that. I finally got a check from worker's comp. I took it to the bank, i went to cash it, they told me they couldn't cash it until it was cleared. The check was written from the state of ohio to me. I looked at the teller and said "Aw, i don't blame you, i don't trust the state that much either" and just deposited to the account.

When I first moved to Ohio, I opened up a new bank account, and the first big check I put in there was my first paycheck from the new employer (around $1500) The lady at the counter tells me that "since it's over $1000, they will have to put a hold on it until it clears". My response? :madder Got a manager over there, and informed them that EVERY paycheck I got was going to be more than $1000, every 2 weeks, and if they were going to put a hold on them every payday, I'd just take my business to another bank.

Haven't had a hold placed on ANY check ever since

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Id frame that deposite slip and hang it up on the wall! :)

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Hell, I'd have been on my way to Vegas!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
I'd have had a few more broncos, and a tow rig+ trailer by the time joe got inside

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Good thing you told them because they would have caught it...gauranteed.
I have had a simmilar thing happen twice and I always got a notice in the mail about the mistake. And both times I didn't even know there was a mistake untill they told me.

I remember one time I stopped to put my paycheck in and the lady mis-typed my account number in and deposited my checks in someone elses account. I didn't even notice it untill I looked at the reciet at home and I was in shock because I knew I had a lot more money than that in the account. I was relieved when I noticed it was the wrong account number. I thought someone pulled that idetity theft crap or something with me.
So anyways I went back to the bank and they fixed it:thumbup

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
I know a guy that had this happen to him... He waited for it to clear and when it did he opened a savings account with it. He drew intrest for like 6 months before they caught it. He gave the money back and made a little money at the same time...:toothless

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I'd have still either went to Vegas or ran for Mexico with it. :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
79F150 said:
I know a guy that had this happen to him... He waited for it to clear and when it did he opened a savings account with it. He drew intrest for like 6 months before they caught it. He gave the money back and made a little money at the same time...:toothless
Thats the best idea:thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,520 Posts
Your too honest Joe... and that's why your so cool man! :rockon

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
D'oh :doh0715:

Before that thing cleared, you should have gone in for a mortgage. Your application should have been a shoe-in with that kind of scratch in your checking account. ;) :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I once went to the bank on a friday night, back when the ATMs first came out, and I went into the bank as a guy walked out. I went to the middle machine and heard the machine beside me beeping away. I read the screen that was beeping...Would you like another transaction?.............I put my card in my pocket.....YES. I withdrew as much as I could, something like $800. The next day I went across the line with a buddy of mine and bought some cowboy boots and treated myself and my friend to a lot of beer. I spent about half of it. Sunday, I thought about it and decided, I'm not a thief, $800 is a lot of money and besides, it was my branch and my face was on camera so when the bank opened on tuesday I went to the machine and withdrew the amount I stole out of my account and turned myself in to the branch manager, who almost pressed charges, but ultimately didn't. It was fun while it lasted. I'm just too damned honest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts