Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, about ready to do my 100,000 mile fluid and filter changes and its a pain in the rear, 16.2qts trans fluid, rear needs 5.5pints gear oil, front needs 3.8, why couldnt they just change the sizes so I need to get 16 quarts, and 5/4 pints even, respectively instead of having to add small amounts at a time to try and get it perfect?(just who I am)...OK, rant over

·
Registered
215 Posts
Alot of fluid bottles have little markers on the side that show oil level in the can/bottle, use 'em. It doesn't have to be perfect, a tenth of a quart over or under isn't going to mean much.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,518 Posts
Welcome to my world. Yes, it's a pain in the @$$; no, not everyone owns Alemite oilers (which meter the fluid dispensed); but there are alternatives that can get you in the ballpark. However, if you're ob/comp, I can't help you with that.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
If mundane things like fluid capacities are challenging to you.... :rofl:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome to my world. Yes, it's a pain in the @$$; no, not everyone owns Alemite oilers (which meter the fluid dispensed);
I'm talking about the little hashmarks on the bottles that should get you pretty close, assuming the OP can read..

If mundane things like fluid capacities are challenging to you.... :rofl:
LOL...

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
You're joking right? That hatch mark on the dip stick must piss you off bad...:rofl:

Seriously though...2/10s of a quart isn't much...pour it in an call it good. It'll probably leak out anyway :haha:

KC

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
You're joking right? That hatch mark on the dip stick must piss you off bad...:rofl:

Seriously though...2/10s of a quart isn't much...pour it in an call it good. It'll probably leak out anyway :haha:

KC
Always reduce your fractions!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
F*ck that, let's all use improper fractions. Fill your differential with 11/2 pints. :haha

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
pfft, your worried about 16 quarts and jibberish. I am used to putting over 60 gallons of oil in for a oil change.

·
Registered
215 Posts
60 gallons is at least twice as much as you should be using in a bronco.
yeah that's like 8/4th's

Though I'm rollin with 31.237 gallons, as per my local Ford dealership's instruction.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts