Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, figure that my IAC is toast. It was running fine today, cleaned and re-installed it and the idle won't go above 500rpm and if I give it any gas, it stalls. Figuring to go to the boneyard tomorrow and pluck one off another truck. My P/N is F2TE-9F715-BA. My question is will others be interchangeable or am I going to have to find this specific IAC? Thanks.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Get one off a truck or Bronco 302 or 351 and you'll be fine. Don't get one off an 86, they are different. Other Ford IACs look the same but all are not. I know from experience a Mustang IAC looks the same but will not work.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
i used a 5.0 stang on my 86 bolted right up, but i would buy new not used, you could get a BW IAC for 56 bux with a lifetime warranty

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still haven't found one yet and I can't see ponying up $70 for one at an auto parts store. Any other models I can remove this from? Would a similiar looking but different part number one work? I saw one on an old Town Car in my local yard and a 4.9L six F150 but neither of them are vented like my stock piece.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
351 said:
I still haven't found one yet and I can't see ponying up $70 for one at an auto parts store. Any other models I can remove this from? Would a similiar looking but different part number one work? I saw one on an old Town Car in my local yard and a 4.9L six F150 but neither of them are vented like my stock piece.

in the long run you gonna end up spending more and more to replace it, i know it hurts, but just pony up the 70 dollars and get new

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i bought mine for 41 at autozone

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Don't get one off an 86, they are different.
Whats diferant about the 86?
Mine works just fine with my A9-P
351 said:
Cheapest I found was $62 at Advance Auto Parts. Ford wants $115.
1. Only buy Ford replacement EFI parts.

2. You need to make a freind. I can get that same part from ford for around $75.00 (or less)

I should start a thread on how to get discounts at the dealership. :toothless

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Gacknar said:
Whats diferant about the 86?
Mine works just fine with my A9-P
1. Only buy Ford replacement EFI parts.

2. You need to make a freind. I can get that same part from ford for around $75.00 (or less)

I should start a thread on how to get discounts at the dealership. :toothless

The 86 IAC has bigger holes(the ports on each side of the TB plate) and the connector on the end comes straight out, it doesn't turn 90 degrees like the one in the pic. I don't know if the connector would make a difference but I figured that the holes being different sizes would.

Yes you need to start that thread!

You said something recently about being able to get multiple parts(like O2 sensors, MAP, BAP, IAC) all for around $90 I think it was, because you know what part number to use for bundled parts. You definitely need to share that info and/or how to find it. That would save alot of us money, me in particular right now.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
RLKBOB said:
You said something recently about being able to get multiple parts(like O2 sensors, MAP, BAP, IAC) all for around $90 I think it was, because you know what part number to use for bundled parts. You definitely need to share that info and/or how to find it. That would save alot of us money, me in particular right now.

I miss spoke in that thread.
The parts are TAB, TAD, EVR and (2) o2 sensors
(Thats still $300.00 worth of parts)

But it's for an 89-93 Mustang 5.0.
The parts may not be the same as on a stock Bronco.
Part # is M-12071-K302 (Lists as Relay Kit)
List price is $85.99

(Wich is less than (1) o2 sensor for a Mustang 5.0)

It's actualy part of the Ford Racing EFI kit, wich in actuality is just Mustang parts bundled together. In my older 2000 Ford Racing cataloge the kit does have the MAP/BAP in it. But sometime between now and then it was removed from the list.

I was using it as an example that EFI could be cheap, but I never said what it fit :toothless

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imlikeojnow said:
i bought mine for 41 at autozone
They quoted me $71.99 for a Wells unit.

Again, I want to go OEM but I can't stomach the price. There are some boneyards in the area. Aside from casing and wiring connector...aren't all late-model Ford IACs the same? I'd rather pluck one off a low mileage wreck and clean it in the area if I knew it would work.

·
Super Moderator
27,222 Posts
Ford MC on-line catalog lists it for following in the Buyers Guide; with a search by year, Bronco, 5.8:
Desc: Idle Air Control Mtr - Fuel Injection
Manu Part No: CX1835
Manufacturer: MOTORCRAFT
Years: 91 - 93
Applications: 18
App Years Make Model Engine Qty Per Vehicle
9 91-93 FORD TRUCK All Models V8-351 5.8L 1
9 91-93 FORD TRUCK All Models V8-351 5.8L 1
http://www.motorcraft.com/default.jsp
---------------------
and Ford's On_line fordinstallersupport.com catalog lists it as
Idle Air Control Valve F2TE-9F715BA; CX-1835 for your yr and 5.8
as well as 5.8 engined E Series, F Series for years:
1991, 1992, 1993
go to http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/files/catalogs/fes200.pdf and search for CX-1835; last item show in results will have same pic as your pic & Rock Auto's pic
-----
Rock Auto, etc. lists
CX1835 as for your year and engine also; but with PN F2TZ9F15FA

& pic looks = to your pic
http://www.rockauto.com/ref/Motorcraft/CX1835.jpg

btw, a new FSM member here (BroncoTech90) here has offerred to help with Bronco info @ his dealership; he can help get OEM info hopefully to find the actual mfgr for this stuff
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61886

and, good ###%%%#&&!!! thing I copied my reply before I punched the Reply icon because it showed me as logged out & all the info gone

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow...you did a lot of research. Thanks for all the links. One more question. I see that the 5.0 style IAC

looks different from the 5.8 IAC

but the connectors look identical. I see that the 5.0 style is not vented but would it not work correctly on my 5.8? Reason I ask is that 5.0s are easier to come by in the yards. Suppose I could just buy and check too but it is pouring out here today...no yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts