Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are running a marathon (I believe) on TV. I watched this last year, had told my wife that even if the show itself was rather lame that I was really impressed with what these men did.

There are a few things in life that scar the crap out of me, spiders bigger then my fist, and a rather unnatural fear of heights that I have. But after watching these shows today I think I can toss pulling 20 tons over 3 ft of ice on a list.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I saw that, Looks fun, Id give it a try...

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
History Channel managed to F it up a TON for me. Horrible editing throughout the entire series really took away a lot of my enjoyment of the show, e.g. using CGI to 'show us' how they tipped the semi back onto its wheels instead of showing us the real thing, not showing anything but a bad set of random shots when there was that collision in the last episode, etc.

Wondering whether I'm going to even bother watching the new series about lumberjacks.

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay. I sleep all night and I work all day. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It definetly an interesting career. Even though the pay reflects the danger, I am not sure I would do it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I've seen only a few episodes of this show so I cannot comment on it's accuracy. However most of the truckers I did business with were certainly more professional, maintained their trucks properly and drove safely. To me this show was overly dramatized, relied on "trick" camera shots to spice up the reality and mostly did not show truckers in a favorable light.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
It's sad that those are projected to be the best truckers :argue :rolleyes:
Yea, I would say more balls and brains and their wallet rules there brain around the time the Ice Road comes along. Don't get me wrong, some of the guys one that show are in all reality, awsome, responsable drivers. I just think that it is a little...ok...a lot over-drammatized, that way it looks a lot more interesting. Plus, I agree that it seems to show a lot of them in a bad light, but I also believe that having the camera there, makes them act out. Like they say, tv brings the worst out of people...

KC

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Like they say, tv brings the worst out of people...
I believe they call it "Jerry Syndrome." :toothless God I miss the heyday of that show.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,650 Posts
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay. I sleep all night and I work all day. :rofl:
:histerica:histerica:histerica

too funny! haven't thought about that skit in ages.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The old timers that started the ice roads back in the day were awesome. Talk about big balls. The TV show was interesting but I'd rather see more on the pioneers of the ice roads in those old school trucks and equipment, those guys were tough as hell.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,650 Posts
The old timers that started the ice roads back in the day were awesome. Talk about big balls. The TV show was interesting but I'd rather see more on the pioneers of the ice roads in those old school trucks and equipment, those guys were tough as hell.
You did catch last seasons one episode of all the old timer stuff didn't ya?
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts