Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several intermittent wiper switches and governor boxes for sale. The switches and governors come paired together, I don't want to sell them separately.

I'm asking $35 a piece and that covers shipping within the USA. I would consider shipping to other places, but you'd have to pay whatever extra it costs to get it to you.

I've tested them and they work at all speeds and the button for the washer works as well. Some have brackets, some don't. They are all interchangeable, but the engineering numbers on them vary. Some are E4TF, some are E7TF. I have one or two from 78 (D8TF), but I'd squeeze more money out of you for those ($50 out the door) as they are hard to come by and would be ideal for a very picky person doing an accurate restoration on a 78/79.

These are a plug and play swap for anyone with a '78 - '91 Bronco that does not have intermittent wipers and would love to have a delay on the wipers when it's just drizzling out. They are also plug and play in F-series trucks from at least '66 - '91 and may work with other, older trucks. For the bumpside and earlier trucks you'll need to make sure it has a 2-speed wiper motor for the intermittent switches to work properly.

Don't need intermittent wipers, but a fan of Ford history? Hurry now and own a physical piece of Ford history!

Here are some pics of the switches. I don't have each individual switch pictured. If you need something specific pictured, let me know and I can take some more pics.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm interested, but not sure how payment/information stuff works via forums....paypal? I think I know someone who has one...

Reactions: miesk5

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I can do paypal. I'm not sure what other forms of payment are allowed on the forum that I use or have access too. I'm a little behind the curve on things these days.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,626 Posts
Got one with a bracket for my '73 F250 snow plow rig?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! Do you care what year it's from and where would you like to mount it? They mounted differently over the years and have different brackets and lengths of harness, but if you're not opposed to bending a bracket, you could probably mount it anywhere.

·
36,626 Posts
I'll have to check out the rig to be certain and I'm not interested in "historical accuracy" but I'd like to mount in the the OEM's switch position. Since I'm often plowing in the midst of snow storming, this would be very handy to have.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the switch itself would go right where your current switch is right now. You'd just pull the knob off and swap it over. The bracket is for the governor, the black box.

On the 70's trucks they mounted the governor on the bottom lip of the dash and it sat right behind the dash there. In the early 80's they apparently just stuck them right behind the switch with no mount, so they kind of just laid with all the wiring. Later in the 80's and up to 91 they mounted right next to the fuse panel and those are the biggest pain in the ace to remove from a junkyard truck because of how long the harness is and how it's routed through everything.

They are super handy. I got sick of turning on and off the wipers whenever the windshield accumulated enough water over 20-30 seconds if it's just sprinkling out. Or leaving the wipers on and listening to them drag and jump across a dry windshield because it doesn't get wet enough fast enough.

·
36,626 Posts
Sounds about as expected. Being early 70's... I'd like to try the bracket mount for the gov.
How you like to get paid? I'm old school... so I can send you cash in an envelope, as you're just down the road or I can paypal, if I need too. Takes a bit to move the money around. 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other to me at this amount.

You could also go through my lift parts thread and let me know if you want/need any of those parts and we can work something out that way too. I'm not easy... but I can be had. ;)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like to be paid in full, that's about it! lol.

Unfortunately there's nothing in your list of lift parts that would work out for me, otherwise I'd be up for trading items.

If you want to send cash that's cool with me. I'll send a PM with my info.

·
36,626 Posts
;)

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,317 Posts
I'd like to purchase one for Bog. I don't need the bracket, just as long as it mounts into a 79's harness and switch mount without modification. If one is still available, I can dm you my address and get your PP address for payment.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to purchase one for Bog. I don't need the bracket, just as long as it mounts into a 79's harness and switch mount without modification. If one is still available, I can dm you my address and get your PP address for payment.
Fortunately for you sir, they all plug in the same! It's just a matter of unplugging the old switch and plugging in the new one.

I currently have around 20 units or so, so I'll be selling these for a while.

·
36,626 Posts
Got mine in earlier today. Looks good. Won't install it for awhile but very satisfied customer. 🍻 (y)

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,317 Posts
Another very happy customer. Swapped the switch in minutes and wipers now pause for dramatic effect.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sign me up! I am tired of the manual intermittent wipers. lol.
I have a 90 Bronc. let me know how to proceed.
I hear ya. I broke the wiper switch on my old '75 F150 from turning it on and off all the time when it was drizzling out. One too many turns and I felt it break inside. Crunch.

You can either send me a payment via Paypal or snail mail it to me and once I receive payment I'll box one up and send it out to the address of your choice. Just send me a PM regarding what you wanna do and we'll get it going.

·
Super Moderator
26,008 Posts
Yo,
Our classified rules at top of page requires 75 non padded posts to buy or sell due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times. Not that we think you are one of them but we need to apply rules fairly.

As a wise Administrator once advised, "Let's keep it off the open forum and if you want to discuss, then keep it in Private Messages".
"Once it's outside of the For Sale/Where to Buy Section, it's just between the parties, thus the Administration here can't resolve any issues."

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yo,
Our classified rules at top of page requires 75 non padded posts to buy or sell due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times. Not that we think you are one of them but we need to apply rules fairly.

As a wise Administrator once advised, "Let's keep it off the open forum and if you want to discuss, then keep it in Private Messages".
"Once it's outside of the For Sale/Where to Buy Section, it's just between the parties, thus the Administration here can't resolve any issues."
Nice catch. I didn't notice the post count, but I did notice the 2015 join date.

·
Registered
90 Bronco. 302 EO4D, not lifted yet, 33's, Kick Ass Stereo.
6 Posts
So working on my post numbers here so I don't look like a scammer.....I understand the need for a rule to keep scammers away but 75 non padded post...really. I don't even know what a non padded post is.
I have a bronco and have for many years and like to read about what others have done and tech info but honestly, I have a hard time coming back on a regular basis because of all the attitude and arguments that it seems like EVERY post has to end up in. Its not just this community.
I am not one to post much, on anything, but i will do my best to stay engaged on this forum and try and post so I can help someone, and get my FSB non padded posts so I can be a part of the FSB family too.

·
Super Moderator
26,008 Posts
So working on my post numbers here so I don't look like a scammer.....I understand the need for a rule to keep scammers away but 75 non padded post...really. I don't even know what a non padded post is.
I have a bronco and have for many years and like to read about what others have done and tech info but honestly, I have a hard time coming back on a regular basis because of all the attitude and arguments that it seems like EVERY post has to end up in. Its not just this community.
I am not one to post much, on anything, but i will do my best to stay engaged on this forum and try and post so I can help someone, and get my FSB non padded posts so I can be a part of the FSB family too.
Yo 4wheelyeti,
"What is Post Padding?
This is when a member makes a post just to increase their post count. These might include just one or two word responses or smilies or something that is not really worth posting or is irrelevant to the conversation."

Prior to our site upgrade by the owner's tech group last year, members were automatically restricted from viewing or participating in FOR SALE or Want to buy sections. We asked the tech group to reinstate the restriction last August.
Be well!
Al

1 - 20 of 21 Posts