Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas on what i can do to my bronco, its a 88, but i wanna do somethings to it but i need some ideas on what to do to make it look better and look like a wheeler.
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Uh... Wheel it. Mud is the prettiest thing you can add.

If you just want to look like you can wheel then put some Bushwhacker flares on over some Thornbird tires and a push bar with 25 lights (you never even have to take the covers off so wiring/powering them isn't a problem), and a really big stereo - King of the mall baby!

If you want to wheel then you are going to need to decide what you will be wheeling in - rocks, mud, sand, trails - and then start a plan with your realistic budget in mind.
My Samurai has only a minor lift, HD front & rear bumpers, locked rear & welded front, wide tires and a stout v6 and is my sand/trail runner - spent way more on the shocks than the lift. My M715 has a stroked 460 (514 now)/c6/205/D60/14b, locked rear/posi front, and is running 38.5" XL's to play in the mud/rocks (my heavy hauler too). My '79 Bronco had no lift, 32" tires, locker/posi, and not a darn thing else because it is my daily driver. I'll eventually put a real HD bumper on it and lift it a couple inches to fit a set of 35's I have but that is it.
All three trucks built very differently (except for the traction aids - I want all 4 wheels to turn when I need them to!) but for their intended purpose.

Short version;
Where are you going to wheel?
What is your budget?
What is your current skill level?

And all of that really means nothing - if you want to go out wheeling, just go. The Bronco is surprisingly good straight from Ford - especially for a beginner.

·
Registered
207 Posts
nothing sets a truck of any size like a aggressive set of tires. maybe add a brushguard. if you really want it to be a better offroader then a rear locker will be your best investment after tires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
x2 on the flat black! It will look evil :D

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
you can do anything you want to it if you have the money. Search the build thread to get some idea's

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts