Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, so today and yesterday it was about 25*. My house mate has a 76 chevy K10 that he just "HAS" to get going (nevermind his perfectly fine S-10 sitting in the driveway).

So in order to get it going he decided to spray paint is new brake booster and master cylinder. in the living room.

:doh0715:

I walk in the house and about get overwhelmed by the fumes and ask kinda snidely "You do realize the whole house smells like spray paint"
Him (snippy) "You do realize I have to have this on my truck before i pull it out of the garage"
Me-"you do realize as soon as you put brake fluid in that a little is going to splash and eat all the paint right off"

He looks at me, looks at the booster, grabs it and huffs off.

So this morning as I'm leaving he's out back grinding all the old paint off of his bumper. I said "Hey, please don't spray that inside. it'll be 60* in two days and everything'll be fine outside"

"ok"

Well i come home to find a black bumper. sitting on the floor of the living room. With the heat cranked up to 80*.

So i grab the bumper and javelin it into the backyard because the whole damn house smells like spray paint and the third house mate and I have asked him repeatedly to stop painting stuff in the house.

So I come in and see he has a box fan in the window, so at least he's trying, but anyone else that's done this probably sees where this is going next.

I walked back into my room to start working. I get a good chunk of stuff done and all of i sudden I'm freezing cold.

WTF?

So i walk out to the thermostat. it's set on 65 but it's 55 in the house. Then things start clicking. It's a newer furnace so it has an automatic backdraft protection on it. When housemate turned on the fan he didn't open any windows, so it was getting it's airsource back down the flue of the furnace.

The furnace shut itself off to prevent CO buildup.

Now in the past 4 hours i've had to restart the furnace 5 times.:twak

And now he won't come back and face what's going on. I know he came back to the house since his bumper isn't lying in the middle of the yard anymore, but i also know he didn't come inside since my room is right across from his and i've been in all night.

Is it really that hard for people to relaize that they live with other people and the world doesn't revolve around themselves?

He's also rebuilt carbs in the kitchen sink (as have I), but when he does it doesn't drain them and then he leaves it there for hours on end, with all the windows closed because it's below freezing. When i did it i was in and out in 20 minutes, predrained mine, and did it when it was warm enough to have windows open. it was also on my primary vehicle so i was in a tick of a bind, this is all on his play truck that "has to run, has to run, has to run"

/rant

Justin

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
You should burn all his belongings

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better yet, burn him... preferably in a pit full of spray paint.
:histerica:histerica:histerica

funny you should say that. His last grand project was a 78 suzuki GSX1000. about the 1st of august he decided to cut the bitch seat off and make new seat tabs.

Well, he fired his mig up and didn't take the gas tank off :twak:twak:twak

When the police and fire departments showed up they said they saw the fireball/smoke cloud from about 2 miles away and started driving towards it waiting for the call.

Funny thing about that one is when the bike caught fire he decided he had enough time to come inside, get his truck keys, move his truck, and then attempt to put the fire out with a GARDEN HOSE. :twak

By that point in time the tank was hot enough that when the cold water hit it, it just split the tank. Wound up with 2nd degree burns over 15% of his body because he didn't want the paint on his (all ready dinged up) S10 burned.

I used to feel sorry for him, then i realized he creates his own misery through stupidity. He is living proof ignorance is not bliss :rolleyes:

Hell, if i do anything there's a 1 room apartment a block away that is $250/month rent/utilities included. only downside is no garage (even though i kinda don't have one anyway since he insists on parking K-10 in there). it'll be in the yard and i'll come home and it'll be gone. then i'll try to get something out of the garage and not be able to :banghead

Justin

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
they had gixxers that old, or is that 87.

An damn thats stupid, i wouldnt want him on 2 wheels anyway.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's a 78 or 79. it's back when they looked like the Honda CB series, before the started becoming sport bikes.

Hell, i told him that if he got it running and driving that i was going to call my insurance man and take a $10,000 life insurance policy out on him. It'd cost me about $1 a month, but I knew it'd pay up. His little blowing up bit was the day before I made the call to set the policy up.

And can't afford to kick him out, we have to have 3 people. Now if i found someone that wanted to move in, then just make his life a living hell . ..

Justin

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
entertaining from a third person view, yes. living with him, no.
Well he still has the GSX, that's another issue. he can't keep his mind on one project, bounces all around, and then when bills come do he always has his money but always gripes about if it was $1 more it'd break him. it just gets old. hell, i've only lived with him 6 months

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
this is why in the interview process you need to ask what kind of vehicle they drive. He would have answered chevy, and you would have known what kind of trouble he would be.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've known him 3 years, when we moved in all he had was the s10. about a week later the GSX showed up, and a month later this damn K10 along with an extra tbi 305 and 5 speed "incase he wants to put it in his S10". . .

at that point i told him flat out that if any of his vehicles are ever down of his doing, that i'm not giving him a ride anywhere.

grrr...

Justin

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

Sounds like a complete moron. I'd sell the K10 for him :goodfinge

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Sounds like he needs a storage unit to use as his private garage. If he's not willing to do that, then you guys should really consider just kicking him out and sucking it up with the extra rent long enough to find a better room mate. My room mates did that too me one time back when I was in the Navy. I was pissed at the time, but I quickly changed my mind once I moved my stuff into the storage unit. That was the first time I had ever had a real shop instead of just working out of crates and what not, and it was great. Tell him to get one that is on the opposite end of the complex from the office, that way the manager can't see what he's up to.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
again, if anything I'd move out just to stick him with ahving to take up the extra third of the rent. hell, if i moved out i'd still cover half of my third and give it to the third guy here.

He's why i'm not moving or kicking the other guy out, the third guy doesn't deserve to have to go spending more money.

Justin

·
Registered
488 Posts
why not just put a heater in the garage? Or let the truck run for a while and put some hoses on the exhaust to route the exhaust out of the garage. A lot of heat comes off of a vehicle.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts