Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my pump going bad? When in gear and brake depressed if idle drops below 800 my oil guage goes back left to red line and beyond! If I put it back into neutral and get to idle at 800 (roughly, bounces between 750 and 800) my oil pressure goes back to normal (between the N and O in normal). Does it sound like i'm having idle issues or just a pump going bad? The bronc doesn't die but the needle tries to swing farther left than its possible to do..like its cavitating or something :scratchhe. Any and all comments appriciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dont go by the stock gauge. Buy a real oil pressure gauge and put that on it. They are pretty cheap and it doesnt have to be a permanent install, just long enough to see where it acctually is reading. My mustang runs around 10lbs at idle, and thats with a new pump. That being said, its not that hard to change the pump with the motor still in the truck. It might even be easier in a truck than in my mustang.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have mentioned that the red engine light comes on also, i've never actually let it die, not sure even if it will, I always goose it a little to get it back above the 800 rpm mark. I'll see about getting a guage from the local autozone or something, thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts