Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - need help please - have 87 Bronco 302 - full size - motor surges - was told to replace the Idle Air Control Valve - which I did (right at 100 bucks) - when I plugged it in the motor then started running wild - would not idle down - unplugged and it started surgeing again - any idea what my problem is - would gladly try anything - have not changed any of the setting (set screw has not been touched) - any help appreciated

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Hang on to your old IAC, because it may have only been part of the problem and all you have to do is clean the carbon build up and you have a spare. Definately check for codes and if that turns up nothing than grab your haynes manual, which 'm sure you have, and a volt meter which if you don't have, you can pick up for ten bucks and start checking all your sensors, starting with one and going until you check them all. It is easy and wont take long. If you find a sensor that is on the limits of acceptable readings, let us know and we will tell you if it would be a good idea to replace it. Oh yeah,
Start with the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Exactly where did you buy that IAC.......it sounds way high to me????

I just checked Rock Auto......they have them for $53.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts